Bookmark and Share

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a separate application for international students?

International students complete the same application process as non-international applicants. Please complete the Queens online application.

Does Queens require standardized testing for admission?

Queens requires that applicants complete at least one standardized test. There are several different test options but students need to complete at least one test for submission. Submit official SAT, ACT, TOEFL, or IELTS results.
TOEFL minimum score requirements:

  • Paper (PBT) 550
  • Computer (CBT) 213
  • Internet (IBT) 79

IELTS minimum composite score requirement: 6.0

The standardized test requirement may be waived if the student has successfully completed level 112 at an ELS Language Center.

Does Queens offer conditional admission?

Institutions, like Queens, in the ELS University Conditional Admission Network offer conditional admission to students who are academically admissible based on the student's academic record and other university and/or departmental and program requirements, but who have not yet demonstrated English proficiency. Your admission is "conditional" based upon satisfying English proficiency through completion of a level 112 of the ELS English for Academic Purposes program. Once these requirements are fulfilled, you are able to apply for full acceptance. These requirements will be outlined on your Conditional Letter of Admission, and your selected ELS center will assist you in completing all of the necessary requirements for matriculation.

Is financial aid available to international students?

Consideration of financial aid for international students is conducted on a case by case basis. It is uncommon for an international student to be awarded aid. However, Queens does offer international student scholarships. Awards are provided upon admission notification based upon academic eligibility.

Does Queens offer English as a Second Language courses?

Queens does not offer English as a Second Language courses throughout the academic year. However, Queens University of Charlotte is in affiliation with the ELS Language Center.

How do I obtain a visa?

A visa can be secured by students once they have been accepted to and received their I-20 from Queens. A student must attend their visa interview with their acceptance documents and I-20. Students are issued an I-20 by Queens after the following documents have been received:

Step 1: Commit & Deposit

  • Pay Enrollment Deposit: To reserve your place in the class, the university requires a one thousand dollar ($1,000.00 USD) deposit.  If payment is made by check, please make it payable to Queens University of Charlotte, otherwise, payments can be received online via credit card.  This deposit is non-refundable.
  • Sign Statement of Intent.  

Step 2: Financial Documents & I-20

  • Submit Updated Financial Documents: Affidavit of Support and other financial documents (e.g. bank statements or bank letters) must be no more than 6 months old.
  • Provide personal contact information including mailing address and phone number for your I-20.
  • Provide a copy of your Passport (if applicable).
  • Provide a copy of your Visa (if applicable).
  • Provide a copy of your I-20 (if applicable).

Documents needed for a visa appointment.

After receiving the I-20, students must apply, in person, for a visa at the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy in their home country. For specific information regarding consulates and embassies worldwide, including addresses and hours of operation, refer to the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs website. It is always wise to call ahead to inquire whether an appointment is necessary and to confirm what documents are needed.

All students should bring the following documents when applying for a visa:

  • Completed I-20 from Queens University of Charlotte.
  • Passport, which must be valid for at least six months after your proposed date of entry into the U.S.
  • Letter of admission from Queens University of Charlotte.
  • Financial documentation that shows sufficient funds to cover the cost of tuition, room and board, books, and other related expenses.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Queens Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
Latest Tweet