Arrive at Queens
Make sure you book your hotels for move-in weekend early to ensure you get the special Royals Rate!
All new students will arrive and check-in prior to the start of the upcoming semester. Check-in day will mark your first day of college and the first of many firsts to come! Once you have checked in, all students, parents, and guests will join us for the New Student Welcome and Sed Ministrare Ceremony.
Fall New Student Arrival Day: Friday, August 26, 2016
Things To Do Before You Arrive:
1. Review the 2015 Welcome Week Schedule of Events to get an idea of what's to come. The 2016 schedule will be posted this summer.
2. Residential Student Move-In:
- New Residential students will move-in on Friday, August 26, 2016 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Review the Welcome Week Schedule for additional details about your move-in time.
- Below are maps for your arrival directions for move-in day. Please review these as we ask students to flow through a very specific pattern during move-in to ensure that we can avoid lines and back up on streets.
-Albright, Belk & HBO Hall Move-In Map
-Barnhardt Hall Move-In Map
-Hayes Hall Move-In Map
-Byrum Hall Residents - Go directly to the Byrum Parking Deck to unload and park.
-Wireman Hall Residents - Park behind Wireman, go to Levine Center to check-in, and then unload.
3. Commuter Student Check-In
- Make sure you have completed you've complete the information survey HERE, this allows us to properly identify you as a commuter.
- Commuter students will need to check-in on Friday, August 26, 2016 from 12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Review the Welcome Week Schedule for the remaining programs and events.
4. Bring your Medical Forms
- The Student Medical Form was due on August 1, but if you haven't submitted your forms yet, be sure to bring them with you to turn in at check-in.
5. Complete your vehicle registration form. You will also need to have your vehicle registration card to get your parking decal.
6. Make all final Payment Arrangements.
- Students may be dropped from their classes if payment plans have not been made by August 15.
7. Encourage your parents to Register for Family Weekend.
8. Pack your belongings.
- Don't forget to label all personal belongings (bags, boxes, luggage, loose items, etc.) with your Last Name, Residence Hall Name & Room Number.
- Check the Residence Life Resources page for What you Should Pack
9. Bring a smile!!
Have questions or concerns? Contact Amber Perrell, Assistant Dean of Students, at email@example.com.