Arrive at Queens
When packing, be sure to label everything with your student's last name and room assignment.
All new students will check in prior to the start of the upcoming semester. Check-in day will mark your first day of college and the first of many firsts to come! Once you have checked in, all students, parents, and guests will join us for the New Student Welcome Ceremony and Sed Ministrare ceremonies.
SPRING New Student Check In Date: Friday, January 9, 2015
FALL New Student Check In Date: Friday, August 28, 2015
Once you have checked in, all students, parents, and guests will join us for the New Student Welcome Ceremony and Sed Ministrare ceremonies.
Things To Do Before You Arrive:
1. Review the Welcome Week Schedule of Events (2015 Schedule of events will be posted in July 2015).
2. Residential Student Move-In:
- SPRING Residential students will move-in on Friday, January 9, 2015 from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- FALL Residential students will move-in on Friday, August 28, 2015 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. Review the Welcome Week Schedule for additional details about your move-in time.
- Below are maps for your arrival directions for move-in day. Please review these as we ask students to flow through a very specific pattern during move-in to ensure that we can avoid lines and back up on streets.
-Albright & HBO Hall Move-In Map
-Barnhardt Hall Move-In Map
-Hayes Hall Move-In Map
-South Residents - Go directly to the South Parking Deck to unload and park.
3. Make Travel Plans.
4. Complete and print your vehicle registration form. You will also need to have your vehicle registration card to get your parking decal.
5. Summer Reading Assignment (For Fall Incoming Students Only).
- All incoming freshmen will have a summer reading assignment. This assignment will be part of your first CORE class meeting. Information on the summer reading assignment will be available after ROAR.
6. Make all final Payment Arrangements.
- Students may be dropped from their classes if payment plans have not been made by August 15.
7. Encourage your Parents to Register for Family Weekend.
8. Pack your stuff.
- Be sure to review the list of What to Bring to campus.
- Don't forget to label all personal belongings (bags, boxes, luggage, loose items, etc.) with your Last Name, Residence Hall Name & Room Number.
9. Bring a smile!!
Have questions or concerns? Contact Amber Perrell, Assistant Dean of Students, at email@example.com.