International Student Move-In
When packing, be sure to label everything with your student's last name and room assignment.
SPRING New International Student Check In Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2016
The orientation program for International Students is a special session to address considerations unique to international students studying in the U.S. The extended orientation allows students to settle in and learn about immigration guidelines, cultural differences in the U.S. and available resources on campus.
Things To Do Before You Arrive:
Residential International Student Move-In*:
1. Residential students will move-in on Tuesday, January 5 from 2 p.m. - 7 p.m. Additional information regarding the move in process will be emailed to your Queens email account before your arrival.
2. Make Travel Plans.
- We will arrange for airport pick up for international student arrivals between 2 p.m.- 7 p.m. if you provide your complete flight itinerary to Sidra Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival.
- Check out the hotel accommodation information, if you arrive prior to or after designated move-in times.
3. Make all final Payment Arrangements, (ISEP and British Council exchange students are exempt; all other exchange students pay room and board charges only).
- Students may be dropped from their classes if payment plans have not been made by January 1.
4. Pack your belongings!
- Don't forget to label all personal belongings (bags, boxes, luggage, loose items, etc.) with your Last Name, Residence Hall Name & Room Number.
- The rooms DO NOT include bed sheets, blankets, pillows or towels so please make sure to either bring these with you or pre-order items using linen ordering instructions emailed to you.
5. Bring a smile!!
*Students not residing on campus will need to report to Everett Library at 8:45 a.m. on Wednesday, January 6 for International Student Orientation.