Fall New Students
As part of New Student Orientation, you will learn about campus resources, participate in fun activities, and meet upperclassmen who can help answer any questions you may have. You will also meet with an academic advisor and register for fall classes. Students will be placed in small groups and work with an Orientation Leader to help you navigate campus and the information. Orientation Leaders are upperclassmen who have been selected to assist incoming students during Orientation. These amazing student leaders are willing to answer any questions you may have before, during, or after Orientation.
During Freshmen Orientation in August, on-campus housing will be provided for students. You will be randomly assigned to a residence hall for the overnight program. Your parents/guests will need to make off-campus hotel accommodations. All freshmen must register for one of the orientation session options. When you register, you will also have the option of registering your parents to attend the Parent Orientation as well.
Incoming freshmen who have not attended a ROAR Session in June will either attend on August 3-4, 2015 - Session 3 or August 27-28, 2015 - Session 5. International students, please see the International Orientation information.
Things to Do to Prepare for Orientation
1. Submit your enrollment deposit and Statement of Intent.
- You cannot register for Summer Orientation until you are deposited.
- Once you have deposited, you will receive your Queens username and password within 5 business days. You will need this in order to register for orientation.
2. Register for Orientation.
*We recommend that you use Firefox or Chrome to complete your registration.
- Orientation registration will be completed through my.Queens.edu. You will need your username and password to log in to the site.
- Complete the online registration to select the dates you plan to attend and to provide important information.
3. Complete and bring your Student Medical Form.
4. Review Your Orientation Schedule.
5. Review the List of What to Bring to the Overnight Orientation.
For questions regarding New Student Orientation, please contact Amber Perrell at 704-337-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.