Incoming Fall Students
Incoming freshmen are encouraged to attend a Summer Orientation session on either June 16-17 - Session 1 (CLOSED) or June 23-24 - Session 2 (CLOSED). As part of New Student Orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor and register for fall classes. You will also learn about campus resources, participate in fun activities, and meet upperclassmen who can help answer any questions you may have. Orientation Leaders are upperclassmen who have been selected to assist incoming students during Orientation. These amazing student leaders are willing to answer any questions you may have before, during, or after Orientation.
During Freshmen Orientation in June, on-campus housing will be provided for students. You will be randomly assigned to one of two residence halls for the overnight program. Your parents/guests will need to make off-campus hotel accommodations. All freshmen must register for one of the orientation session options. When you register, you will also have the option of registering your parents to attend the Parent Orientation as well. There is no additional cost to attend orientation.
Incoming freshmen who have not attending a ROAR Session in June will either attend the July 28 - Session 3 (CLOSED) or the August 24 - Session 4.
Things to Do to Prepare for Summer Orientation
- Submit your enrollment deposit and Statement of Intent. (You cannot register for Summer Orientation until you are deposited.)
- Register Online
Complete the online registration to select the dates you plan to attend and to provide important information.
- Complete the Ready for R.O.A.R. online course
- Instructions and additional information will be emailed to your personal email account after you deposit.
- Log in to https://mycourses.queens.edu/ and scroll to the bottom to find the course.
- Complete all 4 parts of the course before orientation and bring the course completion sheet with you.
- Complete and bring your Student Medical Form
- Review Your Orientation Schedule
- Review the List of What to Bring to the Overnight Orientation
For questions regarding New Student Orientation, please contact Amber Perrell at 704-337-2263 or email@example.com or reach out to any of the Orientation Staff.