Transfer Student Orientation
Encourage your transfer student to participate in Orientation.
Even though they may be familiar with college life, things are always a little different at a new school.
Fall New Students
Transfer students are encouraged to participate in the Summer Orientation session on Monday, August 3, 2015 (Session 3). This special one day session is specifically designed for transfer students. During this session, students will find out about campus resources, hear from representatives from their respective schools, and meet upperclassmen who can help answer any questions you may have.
Transfer students unable to attend Session 3 on August 3, 2015, should plan to participate in ROAR Session 5 on Thursday, August 27, 2015. Students will be contacted by an academic advisor to register for fall classes before August 28, 2015.
Things to do to prepare for Transfer Student Orientation:
1. Submit your enrollment deposit and Statement of Intent.
- You cannot register for Summer Orientation until you are deposited.
- Once you have deposited, you will receive your Queens username and password within 5 business days. You will need this in order to register for orientation.
2. Register for Orientation.
- Orientation registration will be completed through myQueens. You will need your username and password to log in to the site.
- Complete the online registration to select the dates you plan to attend and to provide important information.
3. Complete and bring your Student Medical Form.
4. Review Your Orientation Schedule.
- ROAR Session 3 (August 3rd, 2015)
- ROAR Session 5 (Schedule will be available in July)
5. Review the List of What to Bring to the Overnight Orientation.
*Special Note - Transfer students who transfer in less than 24 credit hours and graduated high school in fall 2013 or after will need to register visit the Freshmen Orientation page.
For questions regarding New Student Orientation, please contact Amber Perrell at 704-337-2263 or email@example.com.