International Visa Information
Information Required for Application Process:
Financial Documents & I-20
- Submit Updated Financial Documents: Affidavit of Support and other financial documents (e.g. bank statements or bank letters) must be no more than 6 months old.
- Provide personal contact information including mailing address and phone number for your I-20.
- Provide a copy of your Passport (if applicable).
- Provide a copy of your Visa (if applicable).
- Provide a copy of your I-20 (if applicable).
To submit requested information or documents, please contact your admissions counselor.
Visa Information for Admitted Students
Most international students studying at Queens in a full-time academic program do so with an F-1 student visa. Once you have been admitted to Queens and submitted the above documents to the Admission office, the Center for International Education will mail you the form necessary (Form I-20) to apply for the F-1 visa and instructions for applying. ISEP students study on a J-1 student visa. ISEP issues the paperwork (Form DS-2019) necessary to apply for this visa.
International students' responsibilities while in the US on a student visa include:
- Maintaining a valid passport.
- Attending the school you are authorized to attend as noted on your I-20/DS-2019.
- Staying enrolled full time each fall and spring semester
o 12 credit hours for Bachelors/Undergraduate students
o 6 credit hours for Masters/Graduate students
- Ensuring that no more than one course which counts toward full-time enrollment is online
- Making normal progress towards the completion of your course of study
- Reporting changes in your major or address to the CIE right away
- Not engaging in unauthorized employment
Visas regulations are complicated. If you ever have a question about your visa, please contact the Center for International Education for assistance:
The Center for International Education
Everett Library, 1st Floor