About the Parents' Council
The Parents' Council was created to foster greater involvement of parents with the University and act as a leadership board for parental involvement and interaction with the University's administration. The mission is to involve committee members in campus and regional activities that promote the University, enrich the students' college experience, foster student career opportunities, assist in the recruitment and marketing of Queens in their local area, support the financial needs of the university and make the Queens experience a positive one for other parents.
Activities of the Parents' Council
- Connect to Queens Campaign: Members of the Parents' Council reach out to ten to fifteen freshman parents giving these new Queens parents the opportunity to voice concerns, ask questions and provide feedback on their student's experience.
- Meetings: The Parents' Council meets twice a year during the academic school year, once in the fall during Family Weekend and once in the spring to coincide with an on-campus cultural event.
- Student Recruitment: Members can help lead efforts to utilize parents of current students in the admissions process including: connecting with parents of prospective students, representing Queens at various admissions related events, hosting events and being an ambassador in your community.
- Career Connection: Parents' Council members have the opportunity to work directly with the University to build a network of parents who can assist the Internship and Career Center by developing connections that support students' career and internship goals.
- Parents' Fund: The Parents' Fund is a significant contributor each year to the University's unrestricted annual fund referred to as The Queens Fund, which raises over $1,750,000 for annually awarded merit and need based scholarships. In addition to supporting the Parents' Fund, Parents' Council members are asked to assist in encouraging other parents to support the Parents' Fund.
For further information, please contact:
Adelaide Davis, 704-337-2329
Associate Vice President, Alumni Relations & Planned Giving
Laura Beth Ellis, 704-337-2334
Director of Annual Leadership Giving