Registration for the 2016 Fall semester of the Music Academy is currently closed. Please check back for Spring 2017 registration later this year.
Queens Music Academy creates an exciting musical atmosphere in which students of all ages, beginners to advanced, find encouragement to discover and develop their abilities. Believing that a sound musical background can be rewarding at any level of instruction, the Music Academy provides courses of instruction suited to a variety of needs.
Lessons offered in:
-Music Therapy -Harp
-Suzuki Piano -Organ
The Music Academy offers lessons in the Spring and in the Fall of each year. Lessons are held in the E.H. Little Fine Arts Center, located on the Queens campus. The lessons are held on a weekly basis, typically Monday-Friday and are self-scheduled between the student and the instructor.
Our program offers unique opportunities for students to perform regularly in recitals and competitions and to attend concerts offered by the Music Department.
Individual Music Lessons:
- These lessons are offered to children and adults. Suzuki instruction is offered for the younger beginner.
- Lessons are 14 weeks in duration. Monday, August 29, 2016 thru Monday, December 12, 2016.
Individual Music Lesson Fees:
30 minute weekly lesson (14 weeks) $448
45 minute weekly lesson (14 weeks) $602*
60 minute weekly lesson (14 weeks) $770
*The staff strongly advises a 45 minute private lesson for students above the beginner level.
For further information, email or call April Jackson, Music Academy Coordinator, at 704-337-2213.
Music Therapy Sessions:
- These sessions are offered to children and young adults with special needs. A variety of musical experiences are used to improve cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
- Sessions are 12 weeks in duration. Tuesday, September 6, 2016, thru Monday, December 5, 2016.
Music Therapy Session Fees:
30 minute weekly session (12 weeks) $265
45 minute weekly session (12 weeks) $365
Frances J. McClain Bell Choir (12 weeks) $215
MT Group Rate (12 weeks) $275 (min. 3 clients, 50 minute sessions)
For further information, email or call Meg Stanley Johnson, Music Therapy Clinical Coordinator, at 704-337-2520.
*We Accept American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
FEES are due BEFORE the beginning of each term and must be PAID IN FULL by the following dates:
TERM I (Fall) - due before August 22, 2016
NO LESSONS WILL BE GIVEN UNTIL FEES ARE PAID FOR THE TERM.
ATTENDANCE, PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS AND PROGRESS REPORTS
- At the beginning of each term instructors will contact each student to schedule lessons/sessions. No student may change teachers except between terms.
- Lessons/Sessions missed by students will NOT be made up. All lessons/sessions missed by the teacher/therapist will be made up. Students will be dropped for poor attendance, inconsistent practice and preparation.
- At the end of each term, the staff sends a progress report to parents giving an evaluation of the student's aptitude, ability, attitude and progress. The Term II report will indicate whether the teacher considers it advisable for the student to continue lessons.
- If a student withdraws before the completion of the term, there will be NO refund of fees. Students are expected to notify their instructor in advance if they must miss lessons or sessions, by calling the instructor.
View information about the Queens University of Charlotte, Music Degree Programs.
All university programs accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music are obligated to provide health and safety-related information to student musicians. The Queens University of Charlotte faculty and staff in the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance take this charge seriously, and encourage all students to familiarize themselves with the information presented in our Musician's Health and Safety Information Package.