Bookmark and Share

Requirements & Eligibility

Queens Traditional Undergrad (TUG) students must complete internship courses (INT 401 and INT 402 OR INT 403) to fulfill the internship graduation requirement.  Music Therapy, Nursing Majors, Education Majors and transfer students with 36+ hours are EXEMPT from this graduation requirement (unless required by major or minor).

Successful completion of INT 401 and INT 402 OR INT 403 include the following requirements:

  • Pre-requisite course INT 201 (taken preferably in Fall or Spring semester of sophomore year).
  • Approved Internship Contract submitted by the student and approved by Internship & Career Program's Internship Manager prior to starting the internship (international students require additional approval).  This contract is a collaborative effort between student and employer that clearly identifies Learning Objectives, hours, start and end dates and terms: 
  • Completion of a minimum work hours per course and time sheet documentation.
  • Satisfactory completion of all MyCourses assignments.
  • INT 401 final written paper.
  • INT 402/ INT 403 final PowerPoint presented to staff and faculty.      

Requirements Summary





Blair College of Health-TUG Yes*- INT 401 and INT 402 OR INT 403 N/A INT 201
Cato School of Education-TUG No N/A N/A
College of Arts & Sciences- TUG Yes- INT 401 and INT 402 OR INT 403 Transfer students with 36+ credits, Music Therapy INT 201
Hayworth School of Graduate & Continuing Studies Yes*-INT 405 N/A None
Knight School of Communication-TUG Yes- INT 401 and INT 402 OR INT 403 Transfer students with 36+ credits INT 201
McColl School of Business-TUG Yes- INT 401 and INT 402 OR INT 403  Transfer students with 36+ credits INT 201
Presbyterian School of Nursing-TUG No N/A N/A

*The following majors are required to complete an internship requirement regardless of status: Allied Health, Exercise and Sports Science, Health Promotion, Health Sciences, Human Services Studies, Interdisciplinary Health Services, and Sport Management. Required credit hours differ by major.

International Student Eligibility

International students attending Queens on a student visa must obtain Curricular Practical Training approval from the Center for International Education, Internship & Career Programs, and their academic advisor before they can begin any off-campus internship.  Students must submit an additional form (available on the CIE section of MyQueens) and offer letter on company letter head to the Center for International Education for approval. Students should consult with the Center for International Education prior to filling out an Internship Contract. There are visa regulations that might limit the intern site and the number of hours they are able to work. Internships for international students must always be in the student's field of study in order to comply with US government regulations and must be taken for academic credit. International students may not begin any work off-campus until they have submitted all required documentation and been granted written authorization by the Center for International Education.

Students are encouraged to visit the Center for International Education for assistance.

Queens Internship Program information is subject to change without notice.

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn
Latest Tweet