Greek Life at Queens is different! Our Greek students have an outstanding performance record!
Here are the facts:
- 85% of Greeks at Queens graduate from Queens
- 90% of Greeks are involved in another student organization
- Queens Greeks have a higher overall GPA than other students.
- Greeks show a higher satisfaction than their non-Greek counterparts
- Queens Greeks performed over 8,000 hours of community service in the 2011-2012 school year
Queens has a vibrant Greek community with six national sororities and one national fraternity:
NPC Sorority Formal Recruitment
Greek organizations offer an opportunity to enhance the college experience in a unique environment.
Fraternities and sororities:
- Emphasize Scholarship
- Provide leadership opportunities
- Offer lifetime participation
- Build lasting friendships
- Encourage community service
- Allow for athletic and social opportunities
- Open doors for networking and professional opportunities
Commitment to personal and organizational excellence is the cornerstone of the Queens Greek experience. Greek membership provides a valuable opportunity for personal, intellectual and social development. Queens Greeks have developed their own standards of excellence to demonstrate their commitment to these areas.
Every year students look forward to Formal Recruitment, Rush, mixers, formals, Greek Week, and retreats. Each organization supports philanthropy through fundraising, community service, and awareness events.
The Greeks at Queens also work together! There are various leadership opportunities for Greeks to get involved in that also bring the community together. Inter Greek Council is the board of chapter and council presidents focusing on building Greek unity and cooperation. Panhellenic Council is the governing body for the NPC sororities (Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, and Phi Mu). Interfraternity Council is the governing body for the male fraternities (Pi Kappa Phi and Phi Kappa Sigma). Finally, Order of Omega is a national honor society for Greek Life. This organization takes only the best and brightest of the Greek community. The members of Order of Omega at Queens are responsible for planning Greek-wide socials and service projects.
At Queens, we believe strongly that our Greek Life system is one of the best you'll find! We hope that you will consider being a part of Greek Life. We know that parents sometimes have concerns regarding Greek Life, so we hope you will check out our Parent Information to learn more about Greek Life at Queens!
For more information, please contact Erin Fox, the Director of Student Activities, at 704.337.2264 or email@example.com.