Health & Wellness Center
The Health and Wellness Center provides medical and mental health services to all full time traditional undergraduate students (TUGS) enrolled in the university. The HWC staff works as an integrated treatment team to provide quality care. While medical and counseling information is confidential the staff may at times discuss aspects of care with other members of the treatment team in order to provide the highest quality of services. In emergency situation, the HWC staff may refer you to another clinician or hospital; vital information may be shared with these health care providers. It is not necessary to have Queens student health insurance to use the HWC. While most services are free of charge, any costs incurred can be paid at the time of service or billed to the student account. Although appointments are encouraged, walk-in visits will be accommodated when possible.
Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Wednesday 11:00am-5:00pm)
- Holiday, break and summer hours may vary. Please call the HWC for availability.
- A nurse is available for scheduled medical appointments during office hours.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible.
- The doctor is on campus Tuesdays 10:00am-3:00pm and Thursdays 10:00am-1:00pm . Appointments are required.
- Mental Health Counselors are available by appointment.
After-hours care can be obtained through nearby urgent care centers or hospital emergency rooms.
2322 Wellesley Avenue next to Barnhardt Hall on main campus
In addition to general medical care for acutely ill or injured students, available services include:
- Routine physical or gynecological examinations (fee for service)
- Contraception services
- Free pregnancy testing
- Confidential STD and HIV testing
- Routine immunizations (fee for service)
- International travel consultation and immunizations
- Laboratory testing on-site or through LabCorp laboratories
- Referral to a network of physicians and treatment facilities in the Charlotte area
- Educational programming and outreach
Mental Health Services
The HWC offers individual counseling, group counseling and referral to a network of specialists, including psychiatrists and treatment facilities in the Charlotte area. Counselors also provide educational programming and outreach to the Queens community. Counselors are licensed in the state of North Carolina and are capable of addressing the general mental health concerns that may present while in college. These concerns may include the following:
- Adjustment to College
- Stress and Anxiety
- Body Image / Self-esteem
- Family Conflict
- Relationship Concerns
- Sexual Concerns / Rape
- Sleep or Appetite Disturbance
- Suicidal Thinking/crisis counseling
- Learning how to support family and friends in crisis
- Alcohol / Drug abuse
Each visit to the Health and Wellness Center is confidential. Medical information is not shared or discussed by phone without specific written consent from the student. Read our complete confidentiality policy.
Queens University of Charlotte
Health and Wellness Center
1900 Selwyn Avenue
Charlotte, North Carolina 28274
Phone: 704 337-2220
Fax: 704 337-2333