In preparation for Residence Life Room Selection 2013-2014 on Friday, April 5, 2013, the Residence Life staff would like to share some information with parents. This is an abridged version of what your student(s) will receive.
In order to participate in Room Selection, students must complete the contract online (meal plan info will be verified with Chartwells and updated) by Friday, April 5, 2013. No paper contracts are available. All Housing Contracts must be completed in advance.
All students will be given a randomly assigned lottery number. Lottery numbers will be posted on Wednesday, April 3rd by 5:00 p.m. in Trexler Lobby and outside of the Residence Life offices in Morrison.
- Wireman rooms can be selected as entire four person suites or as an individual suite room.
- South Suites must be selected in entirety (4 people).
- North Apartments must be selected in entirety.
- Students cannot select a room without specifying roommate/suitemate, unless a single is being requested.
- All students without roommates will select at the end of the entire room selection process.
- Choosing a roommate is an important part of the room selection process. Students are encouraged to self-select the most compatible roommate(s) for the up-coming year. The professional staff members in Residence Life or the Resident Assistants can assist in connecting students looking for a roommate.
General Room Selection Information
Students may select from five (5) residence hall options (South, Wireman, HBO, and singles in Albright or Barnhardt). North is available to Juniors and Seniors only.
There are two (2) ways for students to select a room:
- To "squat" a room - to choose to live in your current residential space for the upcoming school year.
- All students are allowed to squat their rooms unless he or she is currently living in an ADA room and do not require ADA accommodations or a student resides in a room designated as an 'RA' room. Any student unable to squat in his/her current room is termed "Displaced" and will be notified by Residence Life via email on Monday, March 18, 2013 by 10 p.m.
- Roommates, or all four suitemates, must agree to squat in order to do so.
- A completed Squatter Form must be completed online by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 1, 2013.
- Each individual listed on the Squatter Form must also complete a Housing Contract. If both documents are not completed and submitted, the Squatting Request will not be accepted and the room will be released to the lottery.
- Room Lottery
- Rooms not squatted, housing ADA students, or housing RA's will be available for selection on April 5, 2013.
- To make a room selection students may select one of the following:
- Wireman Double (2 people) or Wireman Suite (4 people)
- South Suite must be selected in entirety (4 people)
- North Apartments must be selected in entirety
- Students need to note the specific times listed below that correspond with the spring class status and individual lottery number:
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. current Seniors arrive at 12:45 p.m. to get in line
|2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. current Juniors arrive at 1:45 p.m. to get in line
|3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. current Sophomores arrive at 3:00 p.m. to get in line
|4:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. current Freshmen #s 1-199 arrive at 4:15 p.m. to get in line
|5:45 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. current Freshmen #s 200-398 arrive at 5:30 p.m. to get in line
|7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. current Freshmen #s 398-607 arrive at 6:45 p.m. to get in line
Students unable to be present for Room Selection have the option to complete a Proxy Form online and send a representative in their place. The proxy can be a roommate, suitemate, or friend.
Students of Senior Class status deciding to move off campus and commute are required to complete the Commuter Student Form online. The Commuter form is due by Friday, April 5, 2013.
Students interested in living on-campus for Summer 2013 will reside in Hayes Residence Hall. The Summer Housing Contract will be available from Residence Life, Morrison 220, no later than April 5, 2013.
Residence Life looks forward to assisting your student through the Room Selection Process. If you have any questions, please contact Edward J. Young, Director of Residence Life, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org