In preparation for Residence Life Room Selection 2015-2016 on March 23-27, the Residence Life staff would like to share some information with parents. This is an abridged version of what your student(s) will receive.
In order to participate in Room Selection, students must complete the contract online housing.queens.edu.
All students will be given a randomly assigned lottery number. Lottery numbers will be emailed directly to your student's Queens email account.
- Wireman rooms can be selected as entire four person suites or as an individual suite room.
- South Suites must be selected in entirety (4 people).
- North Apartments must be selected in entirety.
- Students cannot select a room without specifying roommate/suitemate, unless a single is being requested.
- All students without roommates will select at the end of the entire room selection process.
- Choosing a roommate is an important part of the room selection process. Students are encouraged to self-select the most compatible roommate(s) for the up-coming year. The professional staff members in Residence Life or the Resident Assistants can assist in connecting students looking for a roommate.
General Room Selection Information
Students may select from five (5) residence hall options (South, Wireman, HBO, and singles in Belk). North is available to Juniors and Seniors only.
There are two (2) ways for students to select a room:
- To "squat" a room - to choose to live in your current residential space for the upcoming school year.
- All students are allowed to squat their rooms unless he or she is currently living in an ADA room and do not require ADA accommodations or a student resides in a room designated as an 'RA' room. Any student unable to squat in his/her current room is termed "Displaced" and will be notified by Residence Life via email.
2. Room Lottery
|Current Seniors: Monday, March 23 12:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
|Current Juniors: Tuesday, March 24, 12:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
|Current Sophomores: Wednesday, March 25, 12:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
|Current Freshman: Thursday, March 26, 12:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
|Unassigned Students: Friday, March 27, 12:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Students of Senior Class status deciding to move off campus and commute are required to designate so on housing.queens.edu.
Students interested in living on-campus for the Summer will reside in Wireman Residence Hall. The Summer Housing Contract will be available on the Residence Life my.queens.edu page.
Residence Life looks forward to assisting your student through the Room Selection Process. If you have any questions, please contact Edward J. Young, Director of Residence Life, via email: email@example.com.