Winners chosen in the McColl School's 2012 Scholarship Case Competition
After a two-day visit to campus, including a formal presentation to a panel of judges, the McColl School of Business is proud to announce the recipients of the second-annual Scholarship Case Competition.
Mitchell Sayers from Hickory was awarded first place along with a $30,000 scholarship. Tyler Rogers from Apex, NC took second place with a $20,000 scholarship. Tied in third place were Libby Goddard of Sarasota, Fla., and Zach Kent of Tennessee, who will each receive a $10,000 scholarship. Honorable mentions included Hailey Barba, Campbell Corder, John Harrington, and Megan Wagner. Each honorable mention recipient will also receive a $4,000 scholarship. All scholarships are to Queens University of Charlotte's McColl School of Business for use toward tuition.
The case "Sink or Swim" was written by a Queens 2011 Valedictorian Kate Newbury. The case, which was subsequently accepted by the Journal of Critical Incidents, covered the background and challenges facing a local business, specifically around strategic planning and profitability. Contestants were required to submitted a written case analysis. Less than 20% of those requesting cases were selected as finalists. Each finalist presented their case solution to a panel of McColl School faculty, alumni, local business leaders, and finalists from the previous year. The panel of judges included:
McColl School Dean Terry Broderick
Dr. Steve Cox
- Swim Teams Collect 22 All-American Student-Athlete Honors
- Queens Ranked A Best College for Veterans
- STARTALK Summer Program Offers High Schoolers Language Immersion Opportunities
- Faculty-Student Project Produces, Fires Wood Kiln
- Queens Military Students Welcome General Pace, Veterans to Campus
- Dr. Perkins, Queens Students Work with Community to Improve Water Quality
- Communication Student Wins 2016 Outstanding Journalism Award
- MFA Faculty, Alumni Continue Success
- History Students Receive Awards on Research
- Queens Announces Cherie Swarthout as Director of Athletics