Queens honored at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards
Queens President Pamela Davies and Vice President for Campus Planning and Services Bill Nichols were honored on February 19 by The Carolinas Chapter of the Counselors of Real Estate at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards for their visionary thinking of commercial real estate development.
These awards are aimed at honoring leaders who touch commercial real estate by exhibiting out-of-the-box thinking; viewing obstacles and risks as opportunities for novel solutions; making cutting-edge decisions; or deciding something that resulted in a paradigm shift on a subject with a local, regional or global impact.
The event took place at Carmel Country Club and other Honorees included:
- Mr. David H. Murdock, Chairman and CEO - Dole Food Company: David H. Murdock Research Institute, Kannapolis, NC
- Mr. Bob Hughes, President - Hughes Development Corporation: Project ONE, Greenville, SC
Within the last year, Queens has opened two new buildings on campus, Rogers Hall, the new science building, and the Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation. Both buildings stay true to Queens' Georgian brick architecture, always honoring the history that brought us to today.
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou
- Queens Takes One Step Closer to Becoming a Sustainable Campus
- A Celebration of the Generosity of Scholarship Donors
- Queens Announces New Director of Development for the McColl School of Business
- The Dean's Digest - April 2015
- More Than 200 Alumni Representing Six Decades Enjoyed Reunion Weekend
- Queens Announces 2015 Commencement Speakers
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States