Queens honored at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards
Queens President Pamela Davies and Vice President for Campus Planning and Services Bill Nichols were honored on February 19 by The Carolinas Chapter of the Counselors of Real Estate at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards for their visionary thinking of commercial real estate development.
These awards are aimed at honoring leaders who touch commercial real estate by exhibiting out-of-the-box thinking; viewing obstacles and risks as opportunities for novel solutions; making cutting-edge decisions; or deciding something that resulted in a paradigm shift on a subject with a local, regional or global impact.
The event took place at Carmel Country Club and other Honorees included:
- Mr. David H. Murdock, Chairman and CEO - Dole Food Company: David H. Murdock Research Institute, Kannapolis, NC
- Mr. Bob Hughes, President - Hughes Development Corporation: Project ONE, Greenville, SC
Within the last year, Queens has opened two new buildings on campus, Rogers Hall, the new science building, and the Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation. Both buildings stay true to Queens' Georgian brick architecture, always honoring the history that brought us to today.
- Conceptual Era Places Emphasis on Liberal Arts
- New MSOD Course: Learning & Facilitation
- Dr. McArthur Shares Insight into PokemonGo
- Dr. Commins Named Engaged Faculty Scholar for 2016-17
- Swim Teams Collect 22 All-American Student-Athlete Honors
- Queens Ranked A Best College for Veterans
- STARTALK Summer Program Offers High Schoolers Language Immersion Opportunities
- Faculty-Student Project Produces, Fires Wood Kiln
- Queens Military Students Welcome General Pace, Veterans to Campus
- Dr. Perkins, Queens Students Work with Community to Improve Water Quality