Queens honored at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards
Queens President Pamela Davies and Vice President for Campus Planning and Services Bill Nichols were honored on February 19 by The Carolinas Chapter of the Counselors of Real Estate at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards for their visionary thinking of commercial real estate development.
These awards are aimed at honoring leaders who touch commercial real estate by exhibiting out-of-the-box thinking; viewing obstacles and risks as opportunities for novel solutions; making cutting-edge decisions; or deciding something that resulted in a paradigm shift on a subject with a local, regional or global impact.
The event took place at Carmel Country Club and other Honorees included:
- Mr. David H. Murdock, Chairman and CEO - Dole Food Company: David H. Murdock Research Institute, Kannapolis, NC
- Mr. Bob Hughes, President - Hughes Development Corporation: Project ONE, Greenville, SC
Within the last year, Queens has opened two new buildings on campus, Rogers Hall, the new science building, and the Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation. Both buildings stay true to Queens' Georgian brick architecture, always honoring the history that brought us to today.
- Non-profit volunteer and internship fair provides opportunity for students to live Queens’ motto
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens