McColl Maintains Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation
Only 5% of business programs worldwide are AACSB-accredited
(CHARLOTTE, NC) (April 10, 2012)
The McColl School of Business at Queens University of Charlotte has maintained its business accreditation by AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees in business and accounting.
"We are extremely pleased to receive this reaffirmation of quality from the premier business school accrediting agency in the world and to be able to count ourselves among those select schools committed to providing the very best in business education," said Terry Broderick, dean of the McColl School of Business.
Only 643 schools of business, or less than 5% worldwide, have earned this distinguished hallmark of excellence in management education. To maintain accreditation a business program must undergo a rigorous internal review every five years, at which the program must demonstrate its continued commitment to the 21 quality standards relating to faculty qualification, strategic management of resources, interactions of faculty and students, as well as a commitment to continuous improvement and achievement of learning goals in degree programs.
"It takes a great deal of self-evaluation and determination to earn and maintain AACSB Accreditation," said Jerry Trapnell, vice president and chief accreditation officer of AACSB International. "Schools not only must meet specific standards of excellence, but their deans, faculty, and staff must make a commitment to ongoing improvement to ensure continued delivery of high-quality education to students."
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,700 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Knight School of Communication, the Cato School of Education, Hayworth College for Adult Studies, and the Blair College of Health which includes the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
# # #
Queens University of Charlotte Name Usage Guidelines:
Queens University of Charlotte
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees