Alumna Caroline Keys Collaborates with Noted Author Rick Bass
Here's an idea to author's everywhere to spice up their next reading: set it to music. Caroline Keys, MFA '10, and her band Stellarondo are involved in a unique musical collaboration with the writer Rick Bass.
"We have been 'scoring' pieces of his short fiction (as one would score a film) and performing, as he reads, live in front of an audience," says Keys.
They recently recorded a program for Montana Public Radio, and this spring they will headline at the GetLit! literary festival in Spokane, Washington, which will feature such authors as Susan Orlean, Colson Whitehead, and Steve Almond.
Caroline, who studied creative nonfiction here at Queens, is based out of Missoula, Montana.
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm