Alumna Caroline Keys Collaborates with Noted Author Rick Bass
Here's an idea to author's everywhere to spice up their next reading: set it to music. Caroline Keys, MFA '10, and her band Stellarondo are involved in a unique musical collaboration with the writer Rick Bass.
"We have been 'scoring' pieces of his short fiction (as one would score a film) and performing, as he reads, live in front of an audience," says Keys.
They recently recorded a program for Montana Public Radio, and this spring they will headline at the GetLit! literary festival in Spokane, Washington, which will feature such authors as Susan Orlean, Colson Whitehead, and Steve Almond.
Caroline, who studied creative nonfiction here at Queens, is based out of Missoula, Montana.
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking
- Father and Son Contribute to Queens' Basketball Success