Alumna Caroline Keys Collaborates with Noted Author Rick Bass
Here's an idea to author's everywhere to spice up their next reading: set it to music. Caroline Keys, MFA '10, and her band Stellarondo are involved in a unique musical collaboration with the writer Rick Bass.
"We have been 'scoring' pieces of his short fiction (as one would score a film) and performing, as he reads, live in front of an audience," says Keys.
They recently recorded a program for Montana Public Radio, and this spring they will headline at the GetLit! literary festival in Spokane, Washington, which will feature such authors as Susan Orlean, Colson Whitehead, and Steve Almond.
Caroline, who studied creative nonfiction here at Queens, is based out of Missoula, Montana.
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Royals Swim Team Featured on WCCB Charlotte
- Schmoozapalooza Offers Networking Opportunities for Students and Alumni
- Queens Hosts Adaptive First Swim Clinic
- Queens Becomes Official Affiliate of Hillel International
- Queens Students Raise $26,000 for St. Jude and Become Top Fundraising School in the Southeast
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Executive Director of Executive Leadership
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete
- The Dean's Digest - March 2015