Alumna Caroline Keys Collaborates with Noted Author Rick Bass
Here's an idea to author's everywhere to spice up their next reading: set it to music. Caroline Keys, MFA '10, and her band Stellarondo are involved in a unique musical collaboration with the writer Rick Bass.
"We have been 'scoring' pieces of his short fiction (as one would score a film) and performing, as he reads, live in front of an audience," says Keys.
They recently recorded a program for Montana Public Radio, and this spring they will headline at the GetLit! literary festival in Spokane, Washington, which will feature such authors as Susan Orlean, Colson Whitehead, and Steve Almond.
Caroline, who studied creative nonfiction here at Queens, is based out of Missoula, Montana.
- Dr. Bennett Presents at Conference
- Rogers Hall Receives Prestigious Architectural Award
- Bob Whalen Presents Paper
- Queens Receives ArtSí’s Community Partner Award
- John Bennett at National Conference
- Harry Bowen on Channel 14
- Queens University Of Charlotte Introduces Online Master Of Science In Nursing
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- The Dean's Digest - May 2013