Alumna Caroline Keys Collaborates with Noted Author Rick Bass
Here's an idea to author's everywhere to spice up their next reading: set it to music. Caroline Keys, MFA '10, and her band Stellarondo are involved in a unique musical collaboration with the writer Rick Bass.
"We have been 'scoring' pieces of his short fiction (as one would score a film) and performing, as he reads, live in front of an audience," says Keys.
They recently recorded a program for Montana Public Radio, and this spring they will headline at the GetLit! literary festival in Spokane, Washington, which will feature such authors as Susan Orlean, Colson Whitehead, and Steve Almond.
Caroline, who studied creative nonfiction here at Queens, is based out of Missoula, Montana.
- Queens Faculty Demonstrate Expertise on WFAE, Other Sources
- Alumna Named Georgia's Elementary Science Teacher of the Year
- Knight School Launches Community Partnership With Google Fiber
- Professor Jonas Discusses Healthcare on WFAE
- Queens Announces First Destination Report
- U.S. News & World Report Praises Queens Online Programs
- Student Perseveres Despite Uncertain Future
- Fall 2016 Knight School Dean's List
- Faculty, Alumna Recognized by CharlotteFive for Blogs
- Andrea B. Smith Named Queens' 2016 BusinessWoman of the Year