Alumnus Dr. Charles Lohr III will climb Mount Denali in Alaska for a cause
Queens Alumnus Dr. Charles Lohr III is about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. A biology major who graduated from Queens in 1997, Dr Lohr is an interventional radiologist who knows all too well the tough climb many people must ascend in their lives. In his position with Radiology Associates of Albuquerque, PA, Dr. Lohr works with cancer patients on a daily basis, many of whom must travel more than 50 miles each way for their treatments.
On June 23, 2014, Dr. Lohr will travel to Alaska on an expedition to climb Mount Denali in Alaska, one of the "seven summits." "Seven summits" refers to the tallest mountain on each of the continents and this will be his fourth of the seven. Dr. Lohr is dedicating this 22-day climb to those brave individuals who make their own journey for their medical care. All donations received in honor of Dr. Lohr's climb will fund transportation and lodging assistance to financially challenged cancer patients.
Follow all of the news and updates on Dr. Lohr's climb.
- The Dean's Digest - January 2015
- Alumnus Malek Jandali '97 To Premiere at Carnegie Hall
- A Master of Business
- Queens in Charlotte Magazine Coverage of SwimMAC CEO
- Queens Mourns the Loss of Phyllis Pharr
- Queens to Host Met Opera Auditions
- '13 Alumna Bree Stallings's Art to be Displayed on Billboards in Charlotte
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN