Artburst brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus
On March 18 - 20, Queens brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus in a special project titled "Artburst." The project is sponsored by The Arts at Queens and was inspired by "Random Acts of Culture," a program of the Knight Foundation.
Faculty and students surprised campus by performing, exhibiting and creating in public spaces. One signature event was a surprise flash-mob music performance by Music Therapy students in Queens' dining hall. In addition, the MFA Creative Writing Program sponsored a faculty and student exhibition of books; Professor Mike Wirth from the Art Department projected lights onto the side of Burwell Hall and students spontaneously performed in courtyards and hallways around campus.
The mission of The Arts at Queens is to enhance the life of Queens' campus and the Charlotte region by fostering educational opportunities to connect, create and collaborate through artistic expression and leadership in the arts. Artburst immediately precedes the Festival of the Arts at Queens, a month-long series featuring the energy and talent of undergraduates.
Captured by the Charlotte Observer, watch Music Therapy majors perform in Queens' dining hall: http://youtu.be/5VdYZQQdkqg
Check out photos from all three days of Artburst: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjV8mwwY
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete
- The Dean's Digest - March 2015
- Eboo Patel, Interfaith Champion, to Speak at Queens
- Queens MFA Instructor Claudia Rankine Receives NBCC Award
- President Davies to Receive the Sydnor Thompson Community Leader Award
- The Friends of the Library Welcomed Award Winning Authors To Campus
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Dean
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO