Artburst brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus
On March 18 - 20, Queens brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus in a special project titled "Artburst." The project is sponsored by The Arts at Queens and was inspired by "Random Acts of Culture," a program of the Knight Foundation.
Faculty and students surprised campus by performing, exhibiting and creating in public spaces. One signature event was a surprise flash-mob music performance by Music Therapy students in Queens' dining hall. In addition, the MFA Creative Writing Program sponsored a faculty and student exhibition of books; Professor Mike Wirth from the Art Department projected lights onto the side of Burwell Hall and students spontaneously performed in courtyards and hallways around campus.
The mission of The Arts at Queens is to enhance the life of Queens' campus and the Charlotte region by fostering educational opportunities to connect, create and collaborate through artistic expression and leadership in the arts. Artburst immediately precedes the Festival of the Arts at Queens, a month-long series featuring the energy and talent of undergraduates.
Captured by the Charlotte Observer, watch Music Therapy majors perform in Queens' dining hall: http://youtu.be/5VdYZQQdkqg
Check out photos from all three days of Artburst: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjV8mwwY
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List
- MBA and MSOD Programs Recognized in CBJ