Artburst brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus
On March 18 - 20, Queens brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus in a special project titled "Artburst." The project is sponsored by The Arts at Queens and was inspired by "Random Acts of Culture," a program of the Knight Foundation.
Faculty and students surprised campus by performing, exhibiting and creating in public spaces. One signature event was a surprise flash-mob music performance by Music Therapy students in Queens' dining hall. In addition, the MFA Creative Writing Program sponsored a faculty and student exhibition of books; Professor Mike Wirth from the Art Department projected lights onto the side of Burwell Hall and students spontaneously performed in courtyards and hallways around campus.
The mission of The Arts at Queens is to enhance the life of Queens' campus and the Charlotte region by fostering educational opportunities to connect, create and collaborate through artistic expression and leadership in the arts. Artburst immediately precedes the Festival of the Arts at Queens, a month-long series featuring the energy and talent of undergraduates.
Captured by the Charlotte Observer, watch Music Therapy majors perform in Queens' dining hall: http://youtu.be/5VdYZQQdkqg
Check out photos from all three days of Artburst: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjV8mwwY
- Alumna Named Georgia's Elementary Science Teacher of the Year
- Knight School and Google Fiber Announce Partnership to Serve Community
- Professor Jonas Discusses Healthcare on WFAE
- Queens Announces First Destination Report
- U.S. News & World Report Praises Queens Online Programs
- Student Perseveres Despite Uncertain Future
- Fall 2016 Knight School Dean's List
- Faculty, Alumna Recognized by CharlotteFive for Blogs
- Andrea B. Smith Named Queens' 2016 BusinessWoman of the Year
- Funderburk Publishes Poetry, MFA Faculty Named Genius Award Winners