Artburst brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus
On March 18 - 20, Queens brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus in a special project titled "Artburst." The project is sponsored by The Arts at Queens and was inspired by "Random Acts of Culture," a program of the Knight Foundation.
Faculty and students surprised campus by performing, exhibiting and creating in public spaces. One signature event was a surprise flash-mob music performance by Music Therapy students in Queens' dining hall. In addition, the MFA Creative Writing Program sponsored a faculty and student exhibition of books; Professor Mike Wirth from the Art Department projected lights onto the side of Burwell Hall and students spontaneously performed in courtyards and hallways around campus.
The mission of The Arts at Queens is to enhance the life of Queens' campus and the Charlotte region by fostering educational opportunities to connect, create and collaborate through artistic expression and leadership in the arts. Artburst immediately precedes the Festival of the Arts at Queens, a month-long series featuring the energy and talent of undergraduates.
Captured by the Charlotte Observer, watch Music Therapy majors perform in Queens' dining hall: http://youtu.be/5VdYZQQdkqg
Check out photos from all three days of Artburst: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjV8mwwY
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. for Fundraiser for Children with Disabilities
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou
- Queens Takes One Step Closer to Becoming a Sustainable Campus
- A Celebration of the Generosity of Scholarship Donors
- Queens Announces New Director of Development for the McColl School of Business
- The Dean's Digest - April 2015
- More Than 200 Alumni Representing Six Decades Enjoyed Reunion Weekend
- Queens Announces 2015 Commencement Speakers
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Royals Swim Team Featured on WCCB Charlotte