Artburst brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus
On March 18 - 20, Queens brought art into various, unexpected locations throughout campus in a special project titled "Artburst." The project is sponsored by The Arts at Queens and was inspired by "Random Acts of Culture," a program of the Knight Foundation.
Faculty and students surprised campus by performing, exhibiting and creating in public spaces. One signature event was a surprise flash-mob music performance by Music Therapy students in Queens' dining hall. In addition, the MFA Creative Writing Program sponsored a faculty and student exhibition of books; Professor Mike Wirth from the Art Department projected lights onto the side of Burwell Hall and students spontaneously performed in courtyards and hallways around campus.
The mission of The Arts at Queens is to enhance the life of Queens' campus and the Charlotte region by fostering educational opportunities to connect, create and collaborate through artistic expression and leadership in the arts. Artburst immediately precedes the Festival of the Arts at Queens, a month-long series featuring the energy and talent of undergraduates.
Captured by the Charlotte Observer, watch Music Therapy majors perform in Queens' dining hall: http://youtu.be/5VdYZQQdkqg
Check out photos from all three days of Artburst: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjV8mwwY
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO
- Jane McIntyre Named Charlotte's 2014 Woman of the Year
- Local Author Helen Weaver Speaks at Queens to Encourage Students' Fundraising Campaign for St. Jude
- The Dean's Digest - February 2015
- Queens to Expand and Enhance Knight School of Communication with $3 Million Gift
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Captivates Audience at Spring Convocation
- Professor Tosha Arriola Served as Event Chair for Mayor's Mentoring Alliance Ceremony
- MFA Events, Undergraduate Workshop Engage Community of Writers
- Alumnus Brian Williams '09 Featured in Creative Loafing