Arte Latino Now
Arte Latino Now Invitation to Artists
What does Latinidad mean to you? Express yourself and your artistic talents in your own way through the upcoming arts competition celebrating Latino artists. Sponsored by the Center for Latino Studies at Queens in partnership with Gil Projects, Inc. and Queens' Departments of Art and Foreign Languages and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, ARTE LATINO NOW seeks to highlight the exciting cultural and artistic contributions of Latinos in the United States.
We invite artists who self-define as Latino and live and work in the U.S. to submit an original creative work in their medium of choice that illustrates their concept of the theme.
Categories for consideration include new media, visual arts, performing arts and creative writing. Judging will be done in two ways: By popular vote with Facebook fans as well as formal judging by respected professionals in the arts field. Winners will be exhibited at Queens in early 2013. Deadline for submissions is October 12, 2012.
Process for submission:
- No more than one submission per artists is permitted
- Media submissions should be no more than three minutes in length
- Two-dimensional art should be no greater than 40 x 40 inches. That measurement includes frame and any other appendages or attachments that are part of the total composition.
- Sculpture should be no larger than three square feet.
- Please email your submission to email@example.com. Subject line: Latinidad competition submission
- Write a one-page maximum description of your work and upload it. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- Include a one paragraph bio and head shot. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- Artists selected will be responsible for all shipping costs related to the exhibit. Deadlines for shipping will be discussed with individual artists
- A 25% commission will be deducted from the sales price for all works exhibited in the show at Queens.
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week