Learning Society wins 'BOB Award'
Readers of Charlotte Magazine picked The Learning Society at Queens' lecture series as the best in the region in the 2012 BOB (Best of the Best) Awards issue.
The Learning Society at Queens provides the university and the Charlotte community with a renowned national speaker series with two events each year that are open to the public.
Past speakers have included Condoleezza Rice, Fareed Zakaria, Tom Friedman, Dr. Henry Kissinger and Robert F. Kennedy.
The Learning Society of Queens is comprised of a group of leading citizens from the Charlotte area and surrounding counties whose membership fees provide the major funding for a national speaker series held annually at Queens. Founded in 1988, The Learning Society provides Queens students, faculty and staff, and the Charlotte community with the opportunity to interact with experts on important contemporary issues and topics.
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon