Learning Society wins 'BOB Award'
Readers of Charlotte Magazine picked The Learning Society at Queens' lecture series as the best in the region in the 2012 BOB (Best of the Best) Awards issue.
The Learning Society at Queens provides the university and the Charlotte community with a renowned national speaker series with two events each year that are open to the public.
Past speakers have included Condoleezza Rice, Fareed Zakaria, Tom Friedman, Dr. Henry Kissinger and Robert F. Kennedy.
The Learning Society of Queens is comprised of a group of leading citizens from the Charlotte area and surrounding counties whose membership fees provide the major funding for a national speaker series held annually at Queens. Founded in 1988, The Learning Society provides Queens students, faculty and staff, and the Charlotte community with the opportunity to interact with experts on important contemporary issues and topics.
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO
- Jane McIntyre Named Charlotte's 2014 Woman of the Year
- Local Author Helen Weaver Speaks at Queens to Encourage Students' Fundraising Campaign for St. Jude
- The Dean's Digest - February 2015
- Queens to Expand and Enhance Knight School of Communication with $3 Million Gift
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Captivates Audience at Spring Convocation
- Professor Tosha Arriola Served as Event Chair for Mayor's Mentoring Alliance Ceremony
- MFA Events, Undergraduate Workshop Engage Community of Writers
- Alumnus Brian Williams '09 Featured in Creative Loafing