Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
During the May Board of Trustees meeting, seven members were named Trustees Emeriti and were recognized for their service to Queens. Angie Clinton EMBA ꞌ01, Kathie Grigg ꞌ87, Lyttleton Hollowell ꞌ67, David Pope, and Brent Trexler all served on the Board from 2006-2014; Donna Dean ꞌ73 finished up her 14th year of service; and Bill Vandiver, former Chair and Vice Chair, served for 22 years, from 1992-2014. Each of these leaders is a devoted Queens enthusiast whose term of service on the Board of Trustees has ended, but who can continue to offer insight into the life of Queens.
"Former trustees are a critical part of our leadership circle, and we are delighted to keep these dear friends engaged with our university," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "Their deep level of commitment and inherent responsibility as trustees engenders a dedication to Queens that's difficult to match."
Queens started the Emeriti group in 2010 as a way to honor former trustees' "very intense, personal relationship with Queens," said Tamara D. Burrell, Executive Director of Presidential Relations and Associate Vice President for Advancement. These individuals will be formally honored during the annual Trustees Emeriti induction ceremony in February 2015.
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie