Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
During the May Board of Trustees meeting, seven members were named Trustees Emeriti and were recognized for their service to Queens. Angie Clinton EMBA ꞌ01, Kathie Grigg ꞌ87, Lyttleton Hollowell ꞌ67, David Pope, and Brent Trexler all served on the Board from 2006-2014; Donna Dean ꞌ73 finished up her 14th year of service; and Bill Vandiver, former Chair and Vice Chair, served for 22 years, from 1992-2014. Each of these leaders is a devoted Queens enthusiast whose term of service on the Board of Trustees has ended, but who can continue to offer insight into the life of Queens.
"Former trustees are a critical part of our leadership circle, and we are delighted to keep these dear friends engaged with our university," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "Their deep level of commitment and inherent responsibility as trustees engenders a dedication to Queens that's difficult to match."
Queens started the Emeriti group in 2010 as a way to honor former trustees' "very intense, personal relationship with Queens," said Tamara D. Burrell, Executive Director of Presidential Relations and Associate Vice President for Advancement. These individuals will be formally honored during the annual Trustees Emeriti induction ceremony in February 2015.
- Queens Designated As Voter Friendly Campus
- Business Continuity Management Course Offers Best Practices for Disaster Recovery
- Queens Adds Women's and Men's Rugby
- Queens Adds Baseball To Athletics
- Dr. Engen Collaborates with Local High School Student
- Queens Faculty Demonstrate Expertise on WFAE, Other Sources
- Alumna Named Georgia's Elementary Science Teacher of the Year
- Knight School Launches Community Partnership With Google Fiber
- Professor Jonas Discusses Healthcare on WFAE
- Queens Announces First Destination Report