Byrum gift worth more than $20 million
Queens University of Charlotte will create new scholarship programs for students with its proceeds from the sale of Park Road Shopping Center.
Long-time owner Porter Byrum of Charlotte generously gave the shopping center to Queens, Wake Forest University and Wingate University in June.
Queens will receive more than $20 million from the sale. This will increase our endowment to approximately $75 million, making for a truly transformational gift.
"Queens is grateful for Mr. Byrum's generous investment in our mission and our future," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "His gift will provide scholarships for many generations of students to come and we are proud to be part of his philanthropic legacy."
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List