Byrum gift worth more than $20 million
Queens University of Charlotte will create new scholarship programs for students with its proceeds from the sale of Park Road Shopping Center.
Long-time owner Porter Byrum of Charlotte generously gave the shopping center to Queens, Wake Forest University and Wingate University in June.
Queens will receive more than $20 million from the sale. This will increase our endowment to approximately $75 million, making for a truly transformational gift.
"Queens is grateful for Mr. Byrum's generous investment in our mission and our future," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "His gift will provide scholarships for many generations of students to come and we are proud to be part of his philanthropic legacy."
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.