Byrum gift worth more than $20 million
Queens University of Charlotte will create new scholarship programs for students with its proceeds from the sale of Park Road Shopping Center.
Long-time owner Porter Byrum of Charlotte generously gave the shopping center to Queens, Wake Forest University and Wingate University in June.
Queens will receive more than $20 million from the sale. This will increase our endowment to approximately $75 million, making for a truly transformational gift.
"Queens is grateful for Mr. Byrum's generous investment in our mission and our future," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "His gift will provide scholarships for many generations of students to come and we are proud to be part of his philanthropic legacy."
- Queens examines what millennials and managers expect
- Queens' Kinesiology Department introduces fitness testing program
- Conference Presentation
- Dr. Henderson Featured in New Curriculum
- Queens Chamber Singers announce their upcoming choral concert
- Geography: The Human and Physical World on shelves now!
- Queens honored at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards
- Queens Ranked #7 in CEO Magazine's "Global MBA" 2014 Rankings
- McColl School Corporate Networking Events
- Julie Funderburk Publishes Chapbook