Byrum gift worth more than $20 million
Queens University of Charlotte will create new scholarship programs for students with its proceeds from the sale of Park Road Shopping Center.
Long-time owner Porter Byrum of Charlotte generously gave the shopping center to Queens, Wake Forest University and Wingate University in June.
Queens will receive more than $20 million from the sale. This will increase our endowment to approximately $75 million, making for a truly transformational gift.
"Queens is grateful for Mr. Byrum's generous investment in our mission and our future," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "His gift will provide scholarships for many generations of students to come and we are proud to be part of his philanthropic legacy."
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article
- Multimedia Concert of Bach's Cello Suite
- Professors Mullis and Martin Perform Together