Byrum gift worth more than $20 million
Queens University of Charlotte will create new scholarship programs for students with its proceeds from the sale of Park Road Shopping Center.
Long-time owner Porter Byrum of Charlotte generously gave the shopping center to Queens, Wake Forest University and Wingate University in June.
Queens will receive more than $20 million from the sale. This will increase our endowment to approximately $75 million, making for a truly transformational gift.
"Queens is grateful for Mr. Byrum's generous investment in our mission and our future," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "His gift will provide scholarships for many generations of students to come and we are proud to be part of his philanthropic legacy."
- Queens Receives $2 Million Gift to Establish Preyer Honors and Fellows Programs
- Queens Alumni Assist 'The Lunch Project' Feed Children, Better Their Education
- Freshmen Connect Through Interfaith Urban Immersion Experience
- Queens Participates in Heart Walk, Supports American Heart Association
- Famed Horowitz Piano Comes to Queens
- Cato Call for Third-Party Comments
- Online MSN Program Alumna First to Earn CNL Certification
- Forty Organizations Attend Non-Profit Volunteer and Internship Fair
- MFA Alumna Amy Bagwell Inspires Others through "The Wall Poems of Charlotte"
- MSOD Community Leadership Project Seeks Donations