Queens Ranked #7 in CEO Magazine's "Global MBA" 2014 Rankings
CEO Magazine has announced its 2014 "Global MBA" Rankings.
Queens' McColl School of Business MBA was once again recognized as a "Top Tier" MBA and claimed the #7 spot among the "Global MBA" and "Global EMBA" rankings. Last year, Queens' MBA was a "Top Tier" MBA ranking and ranked #5 in North America.
"CEO Magazine's rankings are significant because they validate part of the Queens' 2017 Strategic Plan," said Dean Ron Shiffler, "We envisioned a broader footprint for the McColl School, one that would provide national (and international) recognition. According to the results of the International Graduate Forum rankings, we are possibly becoming better known outside the United States than inside the state of North Carolina!"
The International Graduate Forum's (IGF's) 2013 Winter MBA Rankings were compiled and based upon key performance indicators (KPIs) which act as benchmarks in the rating and ranking of graduate programs and considered to be of interest and value to prospective MBA students. IGF's research is distributed online and via CEO Magaine, its flagship publication.
"The International Graduate Forum wanted to develop a set of MBA rankings for CEO Magazine that truly reflect the qualities and values that students seek in a business school. Based on research conducted with past and present students, two key areas came to the fore: the quality of the in-class experience, and the quality of the teaching faculty. Thus metrics such as smaller class sizes, student work experience, international diversity within the classroom, faculty-to-student ratios, and faculty qualifications - both academic and professional - are given considerable weighting. With competition between business schools continuing to increase, it is important for schools to understand what students really want. Schools ranked highly by the IGF in CEO Magazine have been successful in this goal. Bigger is not always better, and our aim is to highlight schools that offer exceptional value and quality, and increase the choices available to our readers when faced with the difficult decision of where to study their MBA." -Victor Callender, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, CEO Magazine.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Executive Director of Executive Leadership
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete
- The Dean's Digest - March 2015
- Eboo Patel, Interfaith Champion, to Speak at Queens
- Queens MFA Instructor Claudia Rankine Receives NBCC Award
- President Davies to Receive the Sydnor Thompson Community Leader Award
- The Friends of the Library Welcomed Award Winning Authors To Campus
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Dean
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street