Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
Queens senior Carl Schlotman is the author of a new book, Cash in Your Diploma, which aims to help students get the internships and jobs they want. During his time at Queens, he has done six internships, including word-renowned financial institutions Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch. Upon graduation next month, he will start a full-time position with Wells Fargo, a job that was offered to him (and accepted) before his senior year even began.
Schlotman decided to write his book after reading a CNBC article that said 66 percent of hiring managers don't believe college graduates are prepared for the workforce.
"When I started this journey of wanting to attain ambitious internships, I wished there had been a practical guide to help me," said Schlotman. "It would have saved me a lot of time."
Schlotman's book has been endorsed by CEO's, serial entrepreneurs and managing directors. After being officially released last Monday, it is already ranked #2 on Amazon's Best Selling Internship Books list.
"The goal of the book is to have a positive impact on as many young students of possible," said Schlotman. "I feel very fortunate to have had access to such amazing mentors and organizations, and I would like to give back. It lines up perfectly with Queens' motto of 'Not to be served but to serve.'"
- Queens welcomes the Charlotte Hornets Executive Team to campus
- Attorney General Roy Cooper educates college consumers at Queens
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 20 List
- Everett Library gets a stunning transformation
- Queens' English Instructor Sarah Creech releases her first novel
- SELA Graduation 2014
- The Dean's Digest - August 2014
- Non-profit volunteer and internship fair provides opportunity for students to live Queens’ motto
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum