Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
Queens senior Carl Schlotman is the author of a new book, Cash in Your Diploma, which aims to help students get the internships and jobs they want. During his time at Queens, he has done six internships, including word-renowned financial institutions Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch. Upon graduation next month, he will start a full-time position with Wells Fargo, a job that was offered to him (and accepted) before his senior year even began.
Schlotman decided to write his book after reading a CNBC article that said 66 percent of hiring managers don't believe college graduates are prepared for the workforce.
"When I started this journey of wanting to attain ambitious internships, I wished there had been a practical guide to help me," said Schlotman. "It would have saved me a lot of time."
Schlotman's book has been endorsed by CEO's, serial entrepreneurs and managing directors. After being officially released last Monday, it is already ranked #2 on Amazon's Best Selling Internship Books list.
"The goal of the book is to have a positive impact on as many young students of possible," said Schlotman. "I feel very fortunate to have had access to such amazing mentors and organizations, and I would like to give back. It lines up perfectly with Queens' motto of 'Not to be served but to serve.'"
- Queens Announces Cherie Swarthout as Director of Athletics
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Celebrates Visionary Women
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2016 Commencement
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Graduate's Sisters Rally Around Her
- Commencement 2016
- Dr. Michele Shaul Wins the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- Music Therapy Students Awarded Scholarships