Carol Hevey named 2010 BusinessWoman of the Year
As executive vice president for Time Warner Cable's East Region, Hevey is responsible for cable operations serving 5.9 million residential video and commercial, high-speed data, digital phone and wireless customers.
She becomes the 26th woman to be honored with the Charlotte BusinessWoman of the Year award for significant, sustained contributions to business and the community. The award celebrates the achievements of exceptional women professionals who exhibit leadership as defined by the values of The McColl School of Business at Queens - competence, character and commitment to the community.
Previous winners include Cathy Bessant, Jennifer Appleby, Patricia Rodgers, Ruth Shaw and Joan Zimmerman.
"Carol Hevey is known for her visionary leadership at Time Warner Cable, and has been selfless in her devotion to community service," said Pamela Davies, president of Queens.
Hevey's previous civic honors include being named to the 2010 Charlotte USA 20: Celebrating Dynamic Women list. She also is a past winner of the Power Women in Cable award from Cable Fax Magazine and Multichannel News' Wonder Women award. She serves on the board of directors of Charlotte Center City Partners, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and Central Piedmont Community College Foundation. She is the 2011 chairperson of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Campaign in Charlotte. She also is on the board of advisors for the Charlotte Area YWCA and the N.C. Governor's Conference for Women.
The Charlotte BusinessWoman of the Year award will be presented at a March 14 luncheon at Queens featuring keynote speakers Cathy Bessant of Bank of America, and Joan Zimmerman of Southern Shows Inc, both former winners.
To register for the luncheon visit: www.queens.edu/bwoy.
- On Giving Tuesday, Queens students bond with the homeless community
- Professor Suzanne Henderson aims to help Christians reclaim the earliest roots of their faith
- Students at Queens show off their fashion sense for the Charlotte Observer
- Queens Internships and Career Center Update
- The Dean's Digest - November 2013
- For the first time in history, Queens now offers basketball season tickets
- Queens kicks off football feasibility study
- Charles Israel Has a Recent Story Published
- Dr. Bowen Presents Two Talks
- There's a new club in town, and it's making a big splash on campus