Carol Hevey named 2010 BusinessWoman of the Year
As executive vice president for Time Warner Cable's East Region, Hevey is responsible for cable operations serving 5.9 million residential video and commercial, high-speed data, digital phone and wireless customers.
She becomes the 26th woman to be honored with the Charlotte BusinessWoman of the Year award for significant, sustained contributions to business and the community. The award celebrates the achievements of exceptional women professionals who exhibit leadership as defined by the values of The McColl School of Business at Queens - competence, character and commitment to the community.
Previous winners include Cathy Bessant, Jennifer Appleby, Patricia Rodgers, Ruth Shaw and Joan Zimmerman.
"Carol Hevey is known for her visionary leadership at Time Warner Cable, and has been selfless in her devotion to community service," said Pamela Davies, president of Queens.
Hevey's previous civic honors include being named to the 2010 Charlotte USA 20: Celebrating Dynamic Women list. She also is a past winner of the Power Women in Cable award from Cable Fax Magazine and Multichannel News' Wonder Women award. She serves on the board of directors of Charlotte Center City Partners, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and Central Piedmont Community College Foundation. She is the 2011 chairperson of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Campaign in Charlotte. She also is on the board of advisors for the Charlotte Area YWCA and the N.C. Governor's Conference for Women.
The Charlotte BusinessWoman of the Year award will be presented at a March 14 luncheon at Queens featuring keynote speakers Cathy Bessant of Bank of America, and Joan Zimmerman of Southern Shows Inc, both former winners.
To register for the luncheon visit: www.queens.edu/bwoy.
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List