Charlotte Magazine Highlights a Tree on Queens' Campus
Charlotte Magazine's August issue features an article on the heart and soul of Charlotte: its trees. The most majestic ginkgo biloba tree on Queens' campus makes for the beautiful cover photo of the magazine. This is the same tree so many people have come to love in the fall when it turns brilliant shades of yellow and then steadily loses its leaves so the ground is covered in a yellow blanket.
The tree is special to Queens and to Charlotte because it is also considered one of the city's "Treasure Trees," due to its outstanding size, old age and historical significance.
Learn more about Charlotteans' love of the city's tree and read the full article,"Rooted: Trees Give the City Its Soul."
- Queens Announces Cherie Swarthout as Director of Athletics
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Celebrates Visionary Women
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2016 Commencement
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Graduate's Sisters Rally Around Her
- Commencement 2016
- Dr. Michele Shaul Wins the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- Music Therapy Students Awarded Scholarships