Congratulations Graduates of 2014!
Queens University of Charlotte officially kicked off the Charlotte area's graduation season by holding its commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 3. More than 2500 people gathered on the front lawn at Queens to watch the graduates receive their diplomas.
Keynote speaker Jay Bilas, one of ESPN and ABC's top basketball analysts, addressed the students. His humorous speech was packed with a lot of great advice for the graduates:
- "Your life is just a series of choices you make. Take your time and think things through when making these choices."
- "You're smart and you're prepared. There's nothing to be scared of."
- "Set your own standrads. You know what's important to you."
- "You measure your success and happiness, no one else."
- "Don't worry about how much money you make right now, focus on what you want to do."
- "Make everything you do important. If you're doing it, it's important. Treat it that way."
- "Do whatever moves or excites you. The only person that can stop you is you."
Afterward, the graduates were all smiles as they cherished the moment, hugging family and friends and taking photos with fellow graduates. Congrats grads! We're proud of you and all you've accomplished during your time at Queens.
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou
- Queens Takes One Step Closer to Becoming a Sustainable Campus
- A Celebration of the Generosity of Scholarship Donors
- Queens Announces New Director of Development for the McColl School of Business
- The Dean's Digest - April 2015
- More Than 200 Alumni Representing Six Decades Enjoyed Reunion Weekend
- Queens Announces 2015 Commencement Speakers
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Royals Swim Team Featured on WCCB Charlotte