Congratulations Graduates of 2014!
Queens University of Charlotte officially kicked off the Charlotte area's graduation season by holding its commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 3. More than 2500 people gathered on the front lawn at Queens to watch the graduates receive their diplomas.
Keynote speaker Jay Bilas, one of ESPN and ABC's top basketball analysts, addressed the students. His humorous speech was packed with a lot of great advice for the graduates:
- "Your life is just a series of choices you make. Take your time and think things through when making these choices."
- "You're smart and you're prepared. There's nothing to be scared of."
- "Set your own standrads. You know what's important to you."
- "You measure your success and happiness, no one else."
- "Don't worry about how much money you make right now, focus on what you want to do."
- "Make everything you do important. If you're doing it, it's important. Treat it that way."
- "Do whatever moves or excites you. The only person that can stop you is you."
Afterward, the graduates were all smiles as they cherished the moment, hugging family and friends and taking photos with fellow graduates. Congrats grads! We're proud of you and all you've accomplished during your time at Queens.
- Queens Recognized as Top Fundraising School for St. Jude's
- Students Gain Valuable Experience at Seacrest Studios Internship
- Quest for Wonder
- Queens Holds First STEM Camp
- Alumnus Malek Jandali is Honored as a 2015 Great Immigrant - The Pride of America
- Queens Hosts Under Armour All-America Camp
- Queens to Break Ground on State-of-the-Art Tennis Center
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School