Congratulations Graduates of 2014!
Queens University of Charlotte officially kicked off the Charlotte area's graduation season by holding its commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 3. More than 2500 people gathered on the front lawn at Queens to watch the graduates receive their diplomas.
Keynote speaker Jay Bilas, one of ESPN and ABC's top basketball analysts, addressed the students. His humorous speech was packed with a lot of great advice for the graduates:
- "Your life is just a series of choices you make. Take your time and think things through when making these choices."
- "You're smart and you're prepared. There's nothing to be scared of."
- "Set your own standrads. You know what's important to you."
- "You measure your success and happiness, no one else."
- "Don't worry about how much money you make right now, focus on what you want to do."
- "Make everything you do important. If you're doing it, it's important. Treat it that way."
- "Do whatever moves or excites you. The only person that can stop you is you."
Afterward, the graduates were all smiles as they cherished the moment, hugging family and friends and taking photos with fellow graduates. Congrats grads! We're proud of you and all you've accomplished during your time at Queens.
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.