Dean Speaks about Future of Copy Editing
Van King, Dean of the School of Communication at Queens University of Charlotte, served as an invited speaker for a winter workshop sponsored by the Southeast Chapter of the American Copy Editors Society and the South Carolina Press Association. The workshop, held on January 25, 2009 in Charleston, SC, offered three tracks for current copy editors: traditional, digital, and life beyond newspapers. Dean King's address discussed ways in which copy editors might adapt to changes in the newspaper industry.
The American Copy Editors Society is a professional organization for copy editors established with the goal of improving the quality of journalism and enhancing the professional lives of journalists. More information about ACES is available at: www.copydesk.org
- The Queens Chronicle wins an award as a result of design and technology advances
- The Knight School takes another step toward making Charlotte a model city for digital literacy
- Queens examines what millennials and managers expect
- Professor Mohammed el-Nawawy Releases "Egyptian Revolution 2.0"
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Queens University of Charlotte Launches Online Master’s in Communication
- Fall '12 Knight School of Communication Dean's List
- Infinite Possibilities
- Dr. Pupchek presents at IABC
- JODML Launch