Do All Religions Lead to Salvation?
(From PBS Religion and Ethics Newsletter)
"The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life has released its second report on the "U.S. Religious Landscape Survey," examining the diversity of Americans' religious beliefs and practices as well as their social and political attitudes. Based on interviews conducted in English and Spanish with more than 35,000 adults, this new analysis finds that a majority of adherents in nearly all religious traditions, including evangelical Protestants, believe that there isn't just one way to salvation or to interpret the teachings of their own faith.
Bob Abernethy is joined by R. Scott Appleby, professor of history at the University of Notre Dame, for a discussion and analysis of these findings and what they reveal about the diversity of religious beliefs and practices in the U.S."
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie