Do All Religions Lead to Salvation?
(From PBS Religion and Ethics Newsletter)
"The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life has released its second report on the "U.S. Religious Landscape Survey," examining the diversity of Americans' religious beliefs and practices as well as their social and political attitudes. Based on interviews conducted in English and Spanish with more than 35,000 adults, this new analysis finds that a majority of adherents in nearly all religious traditions, including evangelical Protestants, believe that there isn't just one way to salvation or to interpret the teachings of their own faith.
Bob Abernethy is joined by R. Scott Appleby, professor of history at the University of Notre Dame, for a discussion and analysis of these findings and what they reveal about the diversity of religious beliefs and practices in the U.S."
- Queens Receives $2 Million Gift to Establish Preyer Honors and Fellows Programs
- Queens Alumni Assist 'The Lunch Project' Feed Children, Better Their Education
- Freshmen Connect Through Interfaith Urban Immersion Experience
- Queens Participates in Heart Walk, Supports American Heart Association
- Famed Horowitz Piano Comes to Queens
- Cato Call for Third-Party Comments
- Online MSN Program Alumna First to Earn CNL Certification
- Forty Organizations Attend Non-Profit Volunteer and Internship Fair
- MFA Alumna Amy Bagwell Inspires Others through "The Wall Poems of Charlotte"
- MSOD Community Leadership Project Seeks Donations