Queens President Pamela Davies Receives John R. Mott Award
On September 30, YMCA of Greater Charlotte President Andy Calhoun, Board Chairman Barnes Hauptfuhrer and several past John R. Mott Award recipients surprised Queens President Pamela Davies in her office by naming her the 2014 John R. Mott Award recipient. Dr. Davies is the first female recipient of the award and will be recognized in an official ceremony on March 17, 2014.
The John R. Mott Award is YMCA of Greater Charlotte's highest volunteer honor. In 1996, YMCA of Greater Charlotte established the award to recognize a person who exemplifies the ideals of John R. Mott through volunteer service to the YMCA.
John R. Mott (1865-1955) was one of the great Christian leaders of the YMCA movement. He was known as a "citizen of the world," served as Secretary General of the World Alliance of YMCAs, and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1946. John R. Mott is known and respected globally as an example of servant leadership.
"Pamela is a classy and authentic combination of faith, inspiration and aspiration," said Andy Calhoun, YMCA of Great Charlotte president. "She leads the development of a compelling vision that challenges and builds on the collective energy of the talented team with whom she surrounds herself. Pamela is resolute. No one will work harder shoulder-to-shoulder, encouraging others along the way, and on the day of victory, no one will more quickly step back to illuminate the contributions of others."
Past John R. Mott Award Recipients
2012 Bill Southerland
2011 Ward Pritchett
2010 The Tom Dooley Family
2009 James (Jim) H. Morgan
2008 J. Frank Harrison, III
2007 G. Steele Dewey, III
2006 The Dowd Family
2005 Russell M. Robinson, II
2004 Malcolm (Mac) Everett
2003 Robert (Bob) King, Jr.
2002 Graeme M. Keith
2001 H.C. (Smoky) Bissell
2000 Harry H. Brace
1999 Thomas M. Belk
1998 James J. Harris
1997 William M. Barnhardt
1996 Joseph W. Grier, Jr.
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou
- Queens Takes One Step Closer to Becoming a Sustainable Campus