Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
Congrats to Dr. Pamela Davies for being featured in Charlotte magazine's August issue. The article highlights what a stylish president we have here at Queens.
The Royal Life
By Laurie Prince
It won't be long before freshmen start checking into their dorms and life on Queens University's campus resumes its hectic pace. But for now it's a breezy summer day, and Pamela Davies-the university's president-enjoys Prosecco with family and friends on the porch of her Myers Park home. An expert in strategic planning, she's known as a collaborator; the school has received more than $190 million for capital investments and scholarships during her 12-year tenure.
A new baby is in the driveway-a 2005 convertible Mini Cooper. "When I was working on a PhD [at the University of Tennessee] and a poor, starving graduate student in Knoxville, I had an orange Super Beetle convertible," she recalls. "I had to park it on the hill to get it to start," she adds, laughing. A search for an updated variation came up short until she spotted this one during a recent trip to her second home in Flat Rock, North Carolina.
Her husband, Bob, has just returned from taking the car to Hendrick Mini on Independence Boulevard, where he's been shopping in the dealership store. "Here, I got something for you," he says with a grin. He pulls out Mini Cooper flip-flops and a water bottle. Collaboration has its advantages.
Visit Charlotte magazine for a tour of Dr. Davies' style essentials.
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Royals Swim Team Featured on WCCB Charlotte
- Schmoozapalooza Offers Networking Opportunities for Students and Alumni
- Queens Hosts Adaptive First Swim Clinic
- Queens Becomes Official Affiliate of Hillel International
- Queens Students Raise $26,000 for St. Jude and Become Top Fundraising School in the Southeast
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Executive Director of Executive Leadership
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete
- The Dean's Digest - March 2015