Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
Congrats to Dr. Pamela Davies for being featured in Charlotte magazine's August issue. The article highlights what a stylish president we have here at Queens.
The Royal Life
By Laurie Prince
It won't be long before freshmen start checking into their dorms and life on Queens University's campus resumes its hectic pace. But for now it's a breezy summer day, and Pamela Davies-the university's president-enjoys Prosecco with family and friends on the porch of her Myers Park home. An expert in strategic planning, she's known as a collaborator; the school has received more than $190 million for capital investments and scholarships during her 12-year tenure.
A new baby is in the driveway-a 2005 convertible Mini Cooper. "When I was working on a PhD [at the University of Tennessee] and a poor, starving graduate student in Knoxville, I had an orange Super Beetle convertible," she recalls. "I had to park it on the hill to get it to start," she adds, laughing. A search for an updated variation came up short until she spotted this one during a recent trip to her second home in Flat Rock, North Carolina.
Her husband, Bob, has just returned from taking the car to Hendrick Mini on Independence Boulevard, where he's been shopping in the dealership store. "Here, I got something for you," he says with a grin. He pulls out Mini Cooper flip-flops and a water bottle. Collaboration has its advantages.
Visit Charlotte magazine for a tour of Dr. Davies' style essentials.
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement