Dr. Nathaniel Presents at CSA conference
06/11/12 - Knight School of Communication professor, Daina Nathaniel, presented at the 37th annual Caribbean Studies Association conference held in Guadeloupe last week. Her paper, Performing Citizenship: Social Media Use Among the Trinbagonian Diaspora, was presented on a panel titled: Social Media and the Performance of Citizenship. Dr. Nathaniel also has a chapter in the new SUNY Press edited volume titled: Let Spirit Speak! Cultural Journeys Through the African Diaspora. Her piece is titled: From Animal Skin to Oil Drum: African Agency Through the Steelband Movement in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week