Dr. Frederick Published in William James Studies
Dr. Norris Frederick, professor of philosophy, has published "William James and Swami Vivekananda: Religious Experience and Vedanta/Yoga in America" in William James Studies, Volume 9, Spring, 2013. The philosopher and psychologist James was known to his colleagues as being remarkably open to new ideas and an amazing variety of people, including Swami Vivekananda, who had come from India to the World's Parliament of Religions in 1893 as "the first missionary from the East to the West." The article describes and analyzes the personal and philosophical relationship of James and Vivekananda.
- Funderburk Publishes Poetry, MFA Faculty Named Genius Award Winners
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.