Dr. Frederick Published in William James Studies
Dr. Norris Frederick, professor of philosophy, has published "William James and Swami Vivekananda: Religious Experience and Vedanta/Yoga in America" in William James Studies, Volume 9, Spring, 2013. The philosopher and psychologist James was known to his colleagues as being remarkably open to new ideas and an amazing variety of people, including Swami Vivekananda, who had come from India to the World's Parliament of Religions in 1893 as "the first missionary from the East to the West." The article describes and analyzes the personal and philosophical relationship of James and Vivekananda.
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou
- Queens Takes One Step Closer to Becoming a Sustainable Campus