Dr. Frederick Published in William James Studies
Dr. Norris Frederick, professor of philosophy, has published "William James and Swami Vivekananda: Religious Experience and Vedanta/Yoga in America" in William James Studies, Volume 9, Spring, 2013. The philosopher and psychologist James was known to his colleagues as being remarkably open to new ideas and an amazing variety of people, including Swami Vivekananda, who had come from India to the World's Parliament of Religions in 1893 as "the first missionary from the East to the West." The article describes and analyzes the personal and philosophical relationship of James and Vivekananda.
- Second Novel Book Deal
- The Dean's Digest - October 2014
- Wildacres 2014
- Political Science for Visual People
- Nola the golden girl brightens the Queens community
- Queens students practice interviewing with top Charlotte organizations
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"