Dr. Frederick Published in William James Studies
Dr. Norris Frederick, professor of philosophy, has published "William James and Swami Vivekananda: Religious Experience and Vedanta/Yoga in America" in William James Studies, Volume 9, Spring, 2013. The philosopher and psychologist James was known to his colleagues as being remarkably open to new ideas and an amazing variety of people, including Swami Vivekananda, who had come from India to the World's Parliament of Religions in 1893 as "the first missionary from the East to the West." The article describes and analyzes the personal and philosophical relationship of James and Vivekananda.
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens
- Queens’ Presbyterian School of Nursing extends its application deadline
- The Dean's Digest - September 2014