Dr. Frederick Published in William James Studies
Dr. Norris Frederick, professor of philosophy, has published "William James and Swami Vivekananda: Religious Experience and Vedanta/Yoga in America" in William James Studies, Volume 9, Spring, 2013. The philosopher and psychologist James was known to his colleagues as being remarkably open to new ideas and an amazing variety of people, including Swami Vivekananda, who had come from India to the World's Parliament of Religions in 1893 as "the first missionary from the East to the West." The article describes and analyzes the personal and philosophical relationship of James and Vivekananda.
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List