Dr. Perkins Presents Tree Mapping Poster
Dr. Reed Perkins, Environmental Science, is presenting the poster, "Across Grades, Across Forests, Across Town: A K-5 and University Geospatial Outreach Project" at the conference GIS and Spatial Thinking in the Undergraduate Curriculum (Bucknell College, Lewisberg, PA). The poster describes the work Dr. Perkins and his ENVR 101 students have done this semester with two 5th grade classes at First Ward Elementary School. Together, they mapped and measured every tree on the school's campus, then determined the contributions those trees make to improving air quality in Charlotte. Dr. Perkins is also chairing the session, "GIS in Community Outreach and Service Learning."
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week