Dr. Perkins Presents Tree Mapping Poster
Dr. Reed Perkins, Environmental Science, is presenting the poster, "Across Grades, Across Forests, Across Town: A K-5 and University Geospatial Outreach Project" at the conference GIS and Spatial Thinking in the Undergraduate Curriculum (Bucknell College, Lewisberg, PA). The poster describes the work Dr. Perkins and his ENVR 101 students have done this semester with two 5th grade classes at First Ward Elementary School. Together, they mapped and measured every tree on the school's campus, then determined the contributions those trees make to improving air quality in Charlotte. Dr. Perkins is also chairing the session, "GIS in Community Outreach and Service Learning."
- Second Novel Book Deal
- The Dean's Digest - October 2014
- Wildacres 2014
- Political Science for Visual People
- Nola the golden girl brightens the Queens community
- Queens students practice interviewing with top Charlotte organizations
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"