Dr. Perkins Presents Tree Mapping Poster
Dr. Reed Perkins, Environmental Science, is presenting the poster, "Across Grades, Across Forests, Across Town: A K-5 and University Geospatial Outreach Project" at the conference GIS and Spatial Thinking in the Undergraduate Curriculum (Bucknell College, Lewisberg, PA). The poster describes the work Dr. Perkins and his ENVR 101 students have done this semester with two 5th grade classes at First Ward Elementary School. Together, they mapped and measured every tree on the school's campus, then determined the contributions those trees make to improving air quality in Charlotte. Dr. Perkins is also chairing the session, "GIS in Community Outreach and Service Learning."
- MA Comm Faculty, Alumna Publish Research
- Queens Music Academy Student Performs at Carnegie Hall
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers