Dr. Perkins Presents Tree Mapping Poster
Dr. Reed Perkins, Environmental Science, is presenting the poster, "Across Grades, Across Forests, Across Town: A K-5 and University Geospatial Outreach Project" at the conference GIS and Spatial Thinking in the Undergraduate Curriculum (Bucknell College, Lewisberg, PA). The poster describes the work Dr. Perkins and his ENVR 101 students have done this semester with two 5th grade classes at First Ward Elementary School. Together, they mapped and measured every tree on the school's campus, then determined the contributions those trees make to improving air quality in Charlotte. Dr. Perkins is also chairing the session, "GIS in Community Outreach and Service Learning."
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens
- Queens’ Presbyterian School of Nursing extends its application deadline
- The Dean's Digest - September 2014