Dr. Perkins Presents Tree Mapping Poster
Dr. Reed Perkins, Environmental Science, is presenting the poster, "Across Grades, Across Forests, Across Town: A K-5 and University Geospatial Outreach Project" at the conference GIS and Spatial Thinking in the Undergraduate Curriculum (Bucknell College, Lewisberg, PA). The poster describes the work Dr. Perkins and his ENVR 101 students have done this semester with two 5th grade classes at First Ward Elementary School. Together, they mapped and measured every tree on the school's campus, then determined the contributions those trees make to improving air quality in Charlotte. Dr. Perkins is also chairing the session, "GIS in Community Outreach and Service Learning."
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark