Dr. Pupchek presents results of Fulbright research
05/24/12 - Leanne Pupchek presented the first results of her Fulbright research at an invitation-only conference in L'viv, Ukraine on May 18. Her paper, "Identity (in)formation: Evaluating UEFA's EURO2012 website for evidence of the new Ukraine" shared the lingering Western conception of Ukraine as one of many "post-Soviet" nations. Evaluating the web treatment of Ukraine compared to its co-host "twin" Poland, reveals significant gaps in the credibility and charisma of UEFA's website and links that work against Ukraine and suggest Ukraine will not benefit from the tournament as much as it hopes. The 1.5 hours of discussion were active and revelatory. The paper is part of her planned book-length manuscript that will describe the national identity of Ukraine from different points of view and in different voices. She shared the conference podium with two other speakers, one from Samora, Russia and the other from Kyiv, Ukraine. See her blog for full reports.
- Second Novel Book Deal
- The Dean's Digest - October 2014
- Wildacres 2014
- Political Science for Visual People
- Nola the golden girl brightens the Queens community
- Queens students practice interviewing with top Charlotte organizations
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"