Dr. White leads community program
Dr. Zachary White of the Knight School led an interactive workshop for the Caring for the Elderly community program (sponsored by Queens and The Ivey). The workshop, “The Side Effects of Care: How to Prepare for the Challenges and Rewards of Caregiving" was held on Saturday, October 8.
Dr. White's presentation explored the side effects that all caregivers experience, but few openly discuss, when caring for someone you love becomes part of your identity. Participants learned specific communication strategies for making sense of the ongoing challenges and rewards of caring for a loved one.
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie