Dr. White leads community program
Dr. Zachary White of the Knight School led an interactive workshop for the Caring for the Elderly community program (sponsored by Queens and The Ivey). The workshop, “The Side Effects of Care: How to Prepare for the Challenges and Rewards of Caregiving" was held on Saturday, October 8.
Dr. White's presentation explored the side effects that all caregivers experience, but few openly discuss, when caring for someone you love becomes part of your identity. Participants learned specific communication strategies for making sense of the ongoing challenges and rewards of caring for a loved one.
- Conceptual Era Places Emphasis on Liberal Arts
- New MSOD Course: Learning & Facilitation
- Dr. McArthur Shares Insight into PokemonGo
- Dr. Commins Named Engaged Faculty Scholar for 2016-17
- Swim Teams Collect 22 All-American Student-Athlete Honors
- Queens Ranked A Best College for Veterans
- STARTALK Summer Program Offers High Schoolers Language Immersion Opportunities
- Faculty-Student Project Produces, Fires Wood Kiln
- Queens Military Students Welcome General Pace, Veterans to Campus
- Dr. Perkins, Queens Students Work with Community to Improve Water Quality