Dr. el-Nawawy Honored with Top Paper Award at AUSACE
Dr. Mohammed el-Nawawy, Knight-Crane chair in the School of Communication, received first place in the faculty paper competition at the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators' conference, which was held in Cairo, Egypt, last week.
Dr. el-Nawawy's paper, "Collective identity in the virtual Islamic public sphere: Contemporary discourses in two Islamic websites," was co-authored by Sahar Khamis at the University of Maryland. Congratulations to Dr. el-Nawawy on this achievement.
About Dr. el-Nawawy
Recently appointed as an ex-officio member of the Board of the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators, Dr. el-Nawawy's book on the Al-Jazeera satellite channel was the first volume published in any language about the network and was selected as the 2003 Choice Outstanding Academic Title in the Humanities. He is the senior editor for the Journal of Middle East Media, and a member of the editorial board for the journal Media, War and Conflict.
Dr. el-Nawawy teaches international communication, media globalization and journalism courses. His research interests focus on new media in the Middle East, particularly satellite channels and the Internet, and their impact on the Arab public sphere. He is also interested in issues of public diplomacy and ways of initiating effective dialogue between the Middle East and the West.
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees
- The Queens Chronicle wins an award as a result of design and technology advances
- The Knight School takes another step toward making Charlotte a model city for digital literacy
- Queens examines what millennials and managers expect
- Professor Mohammed el-Nawawy Releases "Egyptian Revolution 2.0"
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Queens University of Charlotte Launches Online Master’s in Communication
- Fall '12 Knight School of Communication Dean's List