Dr. el-Nawawy Honored with Top Paper Award at AUSACE
Dr. Mohammed el-Nawawy, Knight-Crane chair in the School of Communication, received first place in the faculty paper competition at the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators' conference, which was held in Cairo, Egypt, last week.
Dr. el-Nawawy's paper, "Collective identity in the virtual Islamic public sphere: Contemporary discourses in two Islamic websites," was co-authored by Sahar Khamis at the University of Maryland. Congratulations to Dr. el-Nawawy on this achievement.
About Dr. el-Nawawy
Recently appointed as an ex-officio member of the Board of the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators, Dr. el-Nawawy's book on the Al-Jazeera satellite channel was the first volume published in any language about the network and was selected as the 2003 Choice Outstanding Academic Title in the Humanities. He is the senior editor for the Journal of Middle East Media, and a member of the editorial board for the journal Media, War and Conflict.
Dr. el-Nawawy teaches international communication, media globalization and journalism courses. His research interests focus on new media in the Middle East, particularly satellite channels and the Internet, and their impact on the Arab public sphere. He is also interested in issues of public diplomacy and ways of initiating effective dialogue between the Middle East and the West.
- Queens Students Published on WCNC
- Dr. McArthur Shares Insight into PokemonGo
- Communication Student Wins 2016 Outstanding Journalism Award
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Announces 2016 Commencement Speakers
- MA Comm Faculty, Alumna Publish Research
- Knight Foundation Provides Grant to Knight School of Communication
- Guest Susan Crawford Discusses Civic Engagement in Technology
- The Knight School Works to Bridge Digital Divide with Digital Inclusion Project Manager