Dr. el-Nawawy interviewed on MarketPlace and by Los Angeles Times
Professor Mohammed el-Nawaway, Knight-Crane Endowed Chair and associate professor, was interviewed on MarketPlace (American Public Radio) and by the Los Angeles Times about plans for Al Jazeera to turn the former Current TV into a news channel called Al Jazeera America. Al Jazeera's reputation in the United States is anti-American and pro-terrorist.
Dr. el-Nawaway told the Los Angeles Times, "The Bush administration framed Al Jazeera as a platform for terrorists, and that perception has not changed in the minds of average Americans who don't know much about Al Jazeera or that part of the world." On MarketPlace, Dr. el-Nawaway said that to be successful, Al Jazeera America will have to report on topics that Americans are interested in and should hire reporters that Americans know and trust already.
- Queens in Charlotte Magazine Coverage of SwimMAC CEO
- Queens Mourns the Loss of Phyllis Pharr
- Queens to Host Met Opera Auditions
- '13 Alumna Bree Stallings's Art to be Displayed on Billboards in Charlotte
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014