Dr. el-Nawawy wins English paper competition
11/27/12 - Dr. Mohammed el-Nawawy, Knight-Crane Chair in the Knight School of Communication, won first place in the English paper competition at the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators conference held in Atlanta on November 16-19. His paper was titled: "How the Red Lines Affect Job-satisfaction among Elite Pan-Arab TV Journalists: The Case of Al-Arabiya Satellite Channel." Dr. el-Nawawy also presented a paper at the Religion and Media conference sponsored by the Center of Mediterranean Studies at the University of Bochum in Germany on November 23. The paper was titled: "Islamic Cyberspace between Collective and Divergent Identities: Platform for Faith Diplomacy?"
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie