Dr. el-Nawawy wins English paper competition
11/27/12 - Dr. Mohammed el-Nawawy, Knight-Crane Chair in the Knight School of Communication, won first place in the English paper competition at the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators conference held in Atlanta on November 16-19. His paper was titled: "How the Red Lines Affect Job-satisfaction among Elite Pan-Arab TV Journalists: The Case of Al-Arabiya Satellite Channel." Dr. el-Nawawy also presented a paper at the Religion and Media conference sponsored by the Center of Mediterranean Studies at the University of Bochum in Germany on November 23. The paper was titled: "Islamic Cyberspace between Collective and Divergent Identities: Platform for Faith Diplomacy?"
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article