Dr. el-Nawawy wins English paper competition
11/27/12 - Dr. Mohammed el-Nawawy, Knight-Crane Chair in the Knight School of Communication, won first place in the English paper competition at the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators conference held in Atlanta on November 16-19. His paper was titled: "How the Red Lines Affect Job-satisfaction among Elite Pan-Arab TV Journalists: The Case of Al-Arabiya Satellite Channel." Dr. el-Nawawy also presented a paper at the Religion and Media conference sponsored by the Center of Mediterranean Studies at the University of Bochum in Germany on November 23. The paper was titled: "Islamic Cyberspace between Collective and Divergent Identities: Platform for Faith Diplomacy?"
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week