Queens Alum Named CEO of NC Foundation for Nursing Excellence
Queens is proud to announce that alumna Eileene Shake, DNP, RN, was named Chief Executive Officer of the North Carolina Foundation for Nursing Excellence.
Dr. Shake earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing and B.A. in Organizational Communication at Queens. "My education at Queens prepared me to be a leader and advocate for both patients and nurses," she says. "The Professors at Queens encouraged me to think out of the box and pursue my passion to improve the quality of health care for citizens in NC and nationally."
Dr. Shake went on to receive her Doctor in Nursing Practice degree at the University of South Carolina. She is a native North Carolinian and has served in nursing leadership in both clinical and academic settings. Most recently she directed the Doctor in Nursing Practice Organizational Leadership Program at University of South Carolina. She's also served as the Director of the South Carolina Center for Nursing Leadership and as co-leader of the South Carolina Future of Nursing Action Coalition.
As for her new appointment, Dr. Shake will lead the Foundation for Nursing Excellence in its primary effort to improve health outcomes for citizens in NC by striving for nursing care excellence. She is passionate about the Foundation's current focus to increase BSN and higher degree nurses in the state. She says, "I hope to help the FFNE achieve its vision to become a significant conduit through which innovative ideas related to health and healthcare can be evaluated and disseminated to the principal arenas of professional nursing and healthcare practice in North Carolina."
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement