Erin DeBell and Student Co-present at STARTALK Conference
World Languages Instructor Erin DeBell and student Jeremy Hickman co-presented with colleagues from the Mandarin Institute at the STARTALK Annual Fall Conference in Portland, Oregon on October 19. The presentation, "Real-Time Interpersonal Communication via Skype," built upon research conducted through a summer QEP grant on students' use of Skype to connect with native Mandarin speaking tutors in China during the StarTalk 2013 Summer Institute in Chinese.
- Non-profit volunteer and internship fair provides opportunity for students to live Queens’ motto
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens