Queens' Kinesiology Department introduces fitness testing program
As part of a valuable learning experience, Dr. Amy Knab and undergraduate students of the Blair College of Health are currently offering fitness testing to Queens students, faculty and staff for only $15. Testing includes VO2max (aerobic fitness), flexibility, resting metabolic rate, body fat, muscular strength and endurance. Complete as many or as few of the individual fitness assessments as you want during your session.
This type of testing, which normally costs hundreds of dollars, will provide you with valuable information concerning your fitness. Counseling on how to use the data to reach your fitness goals is included.
The program is run out of the Exercise and Sport Sciences Laboratory in the Levine Center (Room 118). If you are interested in having a fitness assessment, please contact email@example.com to set up an appointment beginning the week of March 10.
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees
- The Duke Endowment awards Queens a $478,593 research grant
- Queens takes part in the Campus Election Engagement Project