Queens' Kinesiology Department introduces fitness testing program
As part of a valuable learning experience, Dr. Amy Knab and undergraduate students of the Blair College of Health are currently offering fitness testing to Queens students, faculty and staff for only $15. Testing includes VO2max (aerobic fitness), flexibility, resting metabolic rate, body fat, muscular strength and endurance. Complete as many or as few of the individual fitness assessments as you want during your session.
This type of testing, which normally costs hundreds of dollars, will provide you with valuable information concerning your fitness. Counseling on how to use the data to reach your fitness goals is included.
The program is run out of the Exercise and Sport Sciences Laboratory in the Levine Center (Room 118). If you are interested in having a fitness assessment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment beginning the week of March 10.
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens receive #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Summer in Service program benefits both students and local non-profits