Queens' Kinesiology Department introduces fitness testing program
As part of a valuable learning experience, Dr. Amy Knab and undergraduate students of the Blair College of Health are currently offering fitness testing to Queens students, faculty and staff for only $15. Testing includes VO2max (aerobic fitness), flexibility, resting metabolic rate, body fat, muscular strength and endurance. Complete as many or as few of the individual fitness assessments as you want during your session.
This type of testing, which normally costs hundreds of dollars, will provide you with valuable information concerning your fitness. Counseling on how to use the data to reach your fitness goals is included.
The program is run out of the Exercise and Sport Sciences Laboratory in the Levine Center (Room 118). If you are interested in having a fitness assessment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment beginning the week of March 10.
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens
- Queens’ Presbyterian School of Nursing extends its application deadline
- The Dean's Digest - September 2014