For nearly 35 years, Dr. Harry Bowen has been an expert on international economic and financial issues. His expertise spans a wide range of subject matter including economic policy, corporate strategy, trade policy and international competitiveness.
Dr. Bowen's experience is truly international. He has held faculty appointments at New York University, University of California, Irvine and Vlerick-Leuven-Gent Management School, Belgium. He regularly speaks at conferences worldwide, including Turkey, France, Czech Republic, Japan, Switzerland, Italy and China, to name a few.
Dr. Bowen is a highly sought after speaker and is Queens' most requested faculty expert.
- Applied International Trade: 2nd Edition, 2012
- Applied International Trade Analysis, 1998
- "Immigrant Specificity and the Relationship between Trade and Immigration: Theory and Evidence,"Southern Economic Journal, 2013
- "The relationship between international diversification and firm performance: Why it remains a puzzle,"Global Strategy Journal, 2011
- "Are EU countries less integrated than US states?" Journal of Regional Science, 2011
- "How integrated is the world economy?" Review of World Economics, 2010