Dr. Mohammed el-Nawawy is a globally-recognized expert for his knowledge of new media and its effect on the Arab world. For more than a decade, Dr. el-Nawawy has been an expert source for some of the most respected media sources including ABC's Nightline, The New York Times, USA Today, CNN and US News and World Report.
Dr. el-Nawawy is the author of six books; he is published in several national and foreign journals. He is the founding and senior editor of the Journal of Middle East Media and vice president of Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators.
From Al-Jazeera to cyberspace, Dr. el-Nawawy provides thoughtful insight into an Arab world that is civically engaged.
- Egyptian Revolution 2.0: Political Blogging, Civic Engagement and Citizen Journalism, 2013
- Islam Dot Com: Contemporary Islamic Discourses in Cyberspace, 2009
- Al-Jazeera: The Story of the Network that is Rattling Governments and Redefining Modern Journalism, 2003
- Al-Jazeera: How the Free Arab News Network Scooped the World and Changed the Middle East, 2002
- Israeli-Egyptian Peace Process in the Reporting of Western Journalists, 2002