For more than 20 years, Dr. William L. Sparks has consulted clients on issues such as leadership, team development, succession planning, change management and organizational culture.
Dr. Sparks is considered an expert in his field, helping high profile corporations such as the U.S. Navy, Transamerica, GlaxoSmithKline, Duke Energy, General Motors and the Department of Energy. He has consulted these clients through his own firm, William L. Sparks & Associates, as well as through Peter C. Browning & Associates, where he is a managing partner.
Based on his extensive background and knowledge of the subject matter, Dr. Sparks founded Queens' graduate program in organization development (MSOD) in 2008. He is also responsible for the development of the leadership curriculum for all of the McColl School of Business' graduate programs.
Dr. Sparks has been interviewed by the local media many times throughout his career, providing interesting insight for articles by the Charlotte Observer, the Charlotte Business Journal and WFAE (NPR).
- The Combustion Research Facility: A Model for the 21st Century Open-User Facility, 2003
- "Group Emotional Intelligence,"The International Simulation and Gaming Research Yearbook, 2004
- "Applications in the Private Sector,"The Project Appraisal Methodology: A Guide for the Executive, 2004
- "The changing constant of leadership: Ken Thompson, Bud Baker and Wachovia," Business Case Journal, Winter 2005
- "Knowledge, social capital and organizational learning: The impact of the physical environment on innovation," The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, October 2006