Human Resources Leadership Summit brings more than 100 human resources professionals
More than 100 human resources leaders from across the business community visited Queens University of Charlotte recently for the second annual Human Resources (HR) Leadership Summit.
This unique event provides a forum to discuss how to blend workplace culture and best practices with the expectations of the talent pool. Key takeaways included innovative strategies in performance management and employee engagement.
Participants included managers and directors who work in human resources, strategy and workforce planning, organizational development, executive coaches, consultants and graduate students.
"The HR Leadership Summit gave real application, principles and company experiences to expand our view on performance management and engagement," said Carolyn Pizzuto, senior vice president of corporate planning at ASW Global.
Presenters included Kathy Carmean, senior vice president at Lee Hecht Harrison; Richard Castanon, store manager at IKEA; Charles Goransson, senior vice president for human resources and organization development for Truliant Federal Credit Union; Kelli Price, senior vice president of people at Premier, Inc.; Johnny Taylor Jr., president and CEo of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund; Larry Valenti, HR consultant at Duke Energy; and Nancy McNelis and Drs. John Bennett, Harry Bowen, and Will Sparks of the McColl School.
"It was wonderful to have a day of professional development right here in Charlotte and to take away ideas that I will be able to leverage as an HR professional," said Valerie McMurray, principal at NorthStar Consulting Group. "It was great to see so many people I knew in attendance and to have the opportunity during the day to connect and share ideas."
If you are interested in being a 2013 HR Leadership Summit sponsor contact Emily Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-688-2838.
- Queens Recognized as Top Fundraising School for St. Jude's
- Students Gain Valuable Experience at Seacrest Studios Internship
- Quest for Wonder
- Queens Holds First STEM Camp
- Alumnus Malek Jandali is Honored as a 2015 Great Immigrant - The Pride of America
- Queens Hosts Under Armour All-America Camp
- Queens to Break Ground on State-of-the-Art Tennis Center
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School