Human Resources Leadership Summit brings more than 100 human resources professionals
More than 100 human resources leaders from across the business community visited Queens University of Charlotte recently for the second annual Human Resources (HR) Leadership Summit.
This unique event provides a forum to discuss how to blend workplace culture and best practices with the expectations of the talent pool. Key takeaways included innovative strategies in performance management and employee engagement.
Participants included managers and directors who work in human resources, strategy and workforce planning, organizational development, executive coaches, consultants and graduate students.
"The HR Leadership Summit gave real application, principles and company experiences to expand our view on performance management and engagement," said Carolyn Pizzuto, senior vice president of corporate planning at ASW Global.
Presenters included Kathy Carmean, senior vice president at Lee Hecht Harrison; Richard Castanon, store manager at IKEA; Charles Goransson, senior vice president for human resources and organization development for Truliant Federal Credit Union; Kelli Price, senior vice president of people at Premier, Inc.; Johnny Taylor Jr., president and CEo of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund; Larry Valenti, HR consultant at Duke Energy; and Nancy McNelis and Drs. John Bennett, Harry Bowen, and Will Sparks of the McColl School.
"It was wonderful to have a day of professional development right here in Charlotte and to take away ideas that I will be able to leverage as an HR professional," said Valerie McMurray, principal at NorthStar Consulting Group. "It was great to see so many people I knew in attendance and to have the opportunity during the day to connect and share ideas."
If you are interested in being a 2013 HR Leadership Summit sponsor contact Emily Walker at email@example.com or 704-688-2838.
- Queens Announces Cherie Swarthout as Director of Athletics
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Celebrates Visionary Women
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2016 Commencement
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Graduate's Sisters Rally Around Her
- Commencement 2016
- Dr. Michele Shaul Wins the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- Music Therapy Students Awarded Scholarships