Happenings around the McColl School
This year we welcomed our new dean, Dr. Ron Shiffler! If you haven't had a chance to meet him yet, be sure to check out his blog. We've also had other exciting news from our faculty and staff members, including some new faces.
- New faculty:
- Dr. Dawn Chandler is a Management Professor at the McColl School of Business. Dawn earned her Ph.D. at Boston University's School of Management and an MBA from San Jose State University. She comes to us from California Polytechnic State University.
- Dr. Charlene Geisler is an Accounting Professor and comes to us from Singapore. Charlene obtained her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin. She and her family, including her three children, and enjoying Charlotte and Queens!
- Dr. Dan Saint is an Instructor in the MS of Organization Development program. He holds a Ph.D. in Organization Development from Benedictine University, an MBA from the University of Detroit, and a BA from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Christa Robaina and her family welcomed their second child into the world in August! Isabel Nicole is precious, and mother and daughter are happy and healthy. We are very excited for the Robaina family!
- While Christa is on maternity leave, we have been very lucky to have Diane McGowan filling in. Diane is an alumnus of both our PMBA and MSOD programs, and she has been delightful to have back on campus.
- Two MSB staff members recently celebrated engagements! Jamie Grauel said ‘yes' to her significant other in July, and Christina Pak's sweetheart asked for her hand in August (she too said yes).
- Andrea Kiessling is new in the Executive Leadership Institute (ELI) program as the program coordinator. She comes to us from West Virginia and has a background in leadership, marketing and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement