It’s “Showtime” for Queens
Showtime's spy-thriller "Homeland" recently filmed on location at Queens. In the scene, lead character Nicholas Brody, played by actor Damian Lewis, drops his daughter off at school. Homeland is filmed in Charlotte, and this is the second time Queens has served as a backdrop for the series.
In fact, Queens' iconic campus-with its Georgian red-brick buildings and lush, Southern landscape-makes it an ideal setting for Charlotte's growing film industry. Queens has hosted everything from movies like "Blood Done Sign My Name" to TV commercials for companies including Belk department stores.
For more information on the Homeland series, visit the Showtime website.
- Everett Library gets a stunning transformation
- Queens' English Instructor Sarah Creech releases her first novel
- SELA Graduation 2014
- The Dean's Digest - August 2014
- Non-profit volunteer and internship fair provides opportunity for students to live Queens’ motto
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln