Kuo receives UN Fellowship
Instructor of Communication, Frances Kuo has been accepted into the 2011 Global Health Journalism Fellowship with the United Nations Foundation. The fellowship program is Sept. 18-21, 2011 in New York City.
The Global Health Journalism Fellowship will provide the unique opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes look at the agencies, policymakers, and organizations working to advance the United Nations’ global health solutions. She will participate in an exciting agenda of meetings, briefings and educational events with renowned policymakers and experts from the U.N., civil society, leading NGOs and others.
Professor Kuo currently teaches Persuasion and News Writing & Editing in the Knight School of Communication. She also works as a freelance journalist at NBC Newschannel in Charlotte as a reporter, producer and writer for the foreign and live desks.
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- The Dean's Digest - May 2013
- New Online Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Inaugural MS in Executive Coaching Class Graduates
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Sarah Creech's Novel Debut
- Spring MSOD Capstone Presentations
- Dr. Kevin L. Burke Presents on Contracts and Incentives
- 2013 Commencement Speakers Each Have Made a Difference