Kuo receives UN Fellowship
Instructor of Communication, Frances Kuo has been accepted into the 2011 Global Health Journalism Fellowship with the United Nations Foundation. The fellowship program is Sept. 18-21, 2011 in New York City.
The Global Health Journalism Fellowship will provide the unique opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes look at the agencies, policymakers, and organizations working to advance the United Nations’ global health solutions. She will participate in an exciting agenda of meetings, briefings and educational events with renowned policymakers and experts from the U.N., civil society, leading NGOs and others.
Professor Kuo currently teaches Persuasion and News Writing & Editing in the Knight School of Communication. She also works as a freelance journalist at NBC Newschannel in Charlotte as a reporter, producer and writer for the foreign and live desks.
- Queens Recognized as Top Fundraising School for St. Jude's
- Students Gain Valuable Experience at Seacrest Studios Internship
- Quest for Wonder
- Queens Holds First STEM Camp
- Alumnus Malek Jandali is Honored as a 2015 Great Immigrant - The Pride of America
- Queens Hosts Under Armour All-America Camp
- Queens to Break Ground on State-of-the-Art Tennis Center
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School