Kuo receives UN Fellowship
Instructor of Communication, Frances Kuo has been accepted into the 2011 Global Health Journalism Fellowship with the United Nations Foundation. The fellowship program is Sept. 18-21, 2011 in New York City.
The Global Health Journalism Fellowship will provide the unique opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes look at the agencies, policymakers, and organizations working to advance the United Nations’ global health solutions. She will participate in an exciting agenda of meetings, briefings and educational events with renowned policymakers and experts from the U.N., civil society, leading NGOs and others.
Professor Kuo currently teaches Persuasion and News Writing & Editing in the Knight School of Communication. She also works as a freelance journalist at NBC Newschannel in Charlotte as a reporter, producer and writer for the foreign and live desks.
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO
- Jane McIntyre Named Charlotte's 2014 Woman of the Year
- Local Author Helen Weaver Speaks at Queens to Encourage Students' Fundraising Campaign for St. Jude
- The Dean's Digest - February 2015
- Queens to Expand and Enhance Knight School of Communication with $3 Million Gift
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Captivates Audience at Spring Convocation
- Professor Tosha Arriola Served as Event Chair for Mayor's Mentoring Alliance Ceremony
- MFA Events, Undergraduate Workshop Engage Community of Writers
- Alumnus Brian Williams '09 Featured in Creative Loafing