Kuo receives UN Fellowship
Instructor of Communication, Frances Kuo has been accepted into the 2011 Global Health Journalism Fellowship with the United Nations Foundation. The fellowship program is Sept. 18-21, 2011 in New York City.
The Global Health Journalism Fellowship will provide the unique opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes look at the agencies, policymakers, and organizations working to advance the United Nations’ global health solutions. She will participate in an exciting agenda of meetings, briefings and educational events with renowned policymakers and experts from the U.N., civil society, leading NGOs and others.
Professor Kuo currently teaches Persuasion and News Writing & Editing in the Knight School of Communication. She also works as a freelance journalist at NBC Newschannel in Charlotte as a reporter, producer and writer for the foreign and live desks.
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List