Lambda Pi Eta Fall 2012 Induction
Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society at Queens University of Charlotte proudly inducted 11 new members on October 1, 2012. The honorees were celebrated during an induction ceremony in the Claudia Belk Dining Room. The inductees, including communication majors from both the undergraduate day and Hayworth programs, were presented with a membership shingle, lapel pin, and honor cords, which can be worn during commencement ceremonies.
The Psi Eta Chapter at Queens was chartered in October 2008. Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas and became part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988, and the official honor society of the NCA in July 1995.
LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character, credibility, and ethics.
Please join us in honoring these new members of the Psi Eta chapter, for their scholastic achievement and commitment to excellence,
Melanie Bergen '12
Antje Bruegmann '13
Jenna Buthman '14
Alecia Coutain '13
Chelsea Ellsworth '14
Serena Ghaemizadeh '14
Victoria Hernandez '13
Abigail Price '14
Jessica Rooney '14
Courtney Walker '14
Christopher Watson '13
- Queens examines what millennials and managers expect
- Queens' Kinesiology Department introduces fitness testing program
- Conference Presentation
- Dr. Henderson Featured in New Curriculum
- Queens Chamber Singers announce their upcoming choral concert
- Geography: The Human and Physical World on shelves now!
- Queens honored at the 6th Annual CREative Thinkers Awards
- Queens Ranked #7 in CEO Magazine's "Global MBA" 2014 Rankings
- McColl School Corporate Networking Events
- Julie Funderburk Publishes Chapbook